Monday, November 26, 2007

We are growing so much

Alex is growing so much. He recognises certain things we say and particular people like Nana and his Daddy. If I say "I love you", 'are you a spunky boy", "how's my little man" he laughs instantly because I must say them so much he recognises the phrases. I sing to him all the time and he loves it. I always manage to sing songs that have "baby" in them or I change the words to suit like "Hey baby, I wanna know if you will be my boy" He laughs and giggles when I sing to him and lately he has started making noises that presumably is some baby language. I make the noises back to him and he makes more noises and we have a little conversation!. It is the cutest thing. He raises his eyebrows as we talk and then smiles when I answer him in his little baby gibberish language. I lay back on the sofa and he sits on my chest and we talk. I just cannot describe the amount of love I have for this little man. His eyes follow me everywhere. It doesn't matter who he is with, he searches for mum and watches my every move. Nobody every cared about me that much!

Sometimes I sit there with him asleep in my arms. I close my eyes and let my other senses take over. I inhale his amazing little baby scent, then i lean over and kiss his peach fuzz head. I savour the feel of his skin in my arms - the feeling of him touching my skin. My child - my baby. My son. I never thought I would ever feel this way. I try to store the memory of every feeling of him in my brain so i can have that glorious feeling forever. I never want to forget just how incredible he is. I know I would truly give my own life to protect him. He is definitely my everything. He is my heart.

Alex sitting in his new high chair - he is a big boy now!

A new trick : chewing his own fist. Sometimes he sticks his fingers down his throat so hard he gags. Is this the start of an eating disorder?

(of course teddy blankie is with him every step of the way).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger LL said...

So beautiful Bugsy.... I can so relate to what you say about storing every single memory...

 
At 6:52 am, Blogger Ruby said...

Take in every single moment...they grow much too fast.

He's gorgeous!

Last post: looks just like hubbs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker