Friday, November 02, 2007

12 weeks!

My little man is 12 weeks old today. Wow. He is growing so much.

We also had our 12 week checkup at the maternal health care centre. It was a checkup for both of us as I had my post natal depression test today. They score it out of 30 - 0 being the best and 30 being "take the child off that woman". Guess what I got?

Nooo - I didn't score 30. I got 2. 2! Guess I am doing okay after all. Of course, Hubbs wanted to know why I got 2 and not 0. I got 2 because 1) I have cried and 2) I put down that I cope MOST of the time not ALL the time. But 2 people! 2! 2 is absolutely nothing. Heck give the woman another child already - she got a 2!

Alex is growing! Here are his current stats as compared against his birth stats 12 weeks ago:

Birth -
Weight: 2.84kgs
Length:48cm
Head circ: 32.5cm

12 weeks:
Weight: 5.54kgs
Length: 58cms
Head Circ: 38.6cm

He was an angel while we were there, laughing and giggling at the nurse. He was on my lap and I was talking to the nurse and she laughed cause he was staring at me and cacking himself over goodness knows what. I have no idea what he finds funny most of the time.

He does favor one side to put his head, although he will turn his head, he prefers to have it looking towards his right shoulder. The nurse recommended I take him to the Chiropractor to see if he can free up his neck muscles so he does hold it properly. He is starting to get a really flat bit on his head no matter what we do.

I soooo love being his Mummy. He is just the most exciting, amazing thing that has ever happened to me. He watches me all the time. If someone else is holding him, he searches the room for me and won't look at anyone else. Even if that someone else is Daddy or Nana. I love that he recognises me but I don't want him to be totally dependent on me.

We have this really special time when he is nearly asleep. Sometimes he cuddles in my arms right before going to bed, and laying there, he will smile and gurgle at me, all the time staring at me. I smile and gurgle back and we have this little conversation. I see love in my son's eyes when he looks at me. And my heart mends a little more. In this world, a little person adores me - ME! Wow.

He is sleeping so well - 90% of the time he goes to his bed still awake and falls asleep without much hassle. At night he has a feed around 9pm, sleeps until around 2am then feeds and sleeps again until around 6am. Such a good boy.

Mummy loves you little man (to the moon and back a million times and more).

So here are his 12 week photos (do you think he has too many toys?)

Ok - here he is without the toys!


I love you punkin.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 9:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. :)

 
At 9:39 pm, Blogger Casp said...

You are doing SO well.

I got a middle type mark on that test - eg if 15 is when they worry about you, I got 12. But I am doing fine a year on!

I've remembered the healthy fast food we lived on Ainsley's Cous Cous. Get some if you can - it cooks in 2 minutes - just add boiling water, yet it is quite healthy with no preservatives or other additives.

Good news on the sleeping.

 
At 10:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love how he is so bald!! my girls had so much hair...

you are both doing so well.

I never did those tests..they never had them when Harley was a baby (that or my check up nurse didnt care)..and Rachelle..I dont think we got her 12 week check done..I know we missed her 3 1/2yo sight test...

Katt

 
At 3:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a happy little boy and a happy mummy. So glad that all is going really well for you and bubby. We never had the test either but I guess it was so many years ago now.. Things have improved heaps when it comes to post-natal depression and treatment etc.. Glad you got a 2..
Hugs, Lesley

 
At 5:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like you are doing so so well :) And what a wonderful reward with your son's interactions :D

 
At 11:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex ia such a little spunk...
Jesse is looking forward to meeting Alex real soon for lunch,at that place we had our second meeting.. I was told that 12 was the worry number, I got a 9, that was 5 weeks ago though, things are alot better now, I woder what my numbers would be now??
Enjoy your time away, give me a call when you are back to organise lunch, take care mate.. xxx Andi

 
At 5:46 am, Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

Congrats on the 2! You're doing great Bugsy.

I love the little animals on his feet. What an adorable little boy you have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker