Thursday, November 22, 2007

Who does Alex look like?

Alex says "thank you for all his kisses". He thoroughly enjoyed them, as I did.

I had a reasonably nice birthday only sullied by one thing which I am not ready to blog about just yet apart from to say a friendship that has been on the rocks for a long time finally disintegrated in a fiery blaze.

Hubbs gave me a new digital camera and Alex gave me a 2gb card for the camera. The best present of all though was the one I got just over 3 months ago - of course ;-) I also got the cutest little card that said "to mummy" which made me cry. I never thought I would ever get to see one of those.

Hubbs was so nice to me all day - he came home from the shop and looked after Alex for me so I could get some rest, and he even made up formula for him, and got up to him in the middle of the night too - yay.

We bought Alex a high chair too! Since everyone said that he could start solids around 4 months, we have been looking out for one, and we picked up a nice one at Target on special. So then the maternal health care nurse tells me that the age for starting solids has just been changed to 6 months! But we will see how he goes - we might still start a little earlier.

And now a question for you all. Who do you think Alex looks like?

This is me as a baby (actually the ONLY picture I have ever seen of me as a baby - i don't think there are any others!):
and this is Hubbs as a baby:

and of course this is Alex:
I think he is Hubbs all over. When I look at Hubb's baby picture it is like looking at a picture of Alex - just amazing. Guess he will never be denying he is the daddy huh!

What do you think?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reckon he has your noes and chin. Maybe ears even. He does look a lot like hubs though.

 
At 7:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW he is so much like your husband it isn't funny. Happy birthday for Monday too, sounds like you had a great day. Oh and those Mummy cards still melt my heart

As for the solids thing. As far as I am aware it has been 6 months for a very long tie. Definitely two years at least and my friend who's little boy is 7 was told 6 months also. Leave it as long as you can. Milk is so much easier than food early days and if he is thriving n milk don't mess with it just yet.

JAC
xoxox

 
At 10:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex looks like dad when he was a baby for sure!! No doubt about it.
He may change a little as he grows.
I too was told 6 months for solids, not looking forward to it, it means our kids are growing up..
See you soon
Andi & Jesse xxx

 
At 12:04 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Sorry Sis...you didn't get a look in ...LOL...

But I do have to add you are one hell of a cute bubba yourself....just look at those cheeks....

Glad you had a good birthday,and what is it with friends...these days......? upsetting you on your birthday.....hrmmmmm. xoxoxo

 
At 2:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he looks like hubs..but can I laugh that hubs is the one wearing the dress (i know..christening one)..and does he still wear dresses!?!? LOL

I have been told the girls look like me...then Adam gets told they look like him....makes me worry that Adam and I look alike! LOL

 
At 11:44 am, Blogger Geohde said...

Alex looks just adoreable. Congratulations on your little one,

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker