Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Episode 234: Can life get any worse?

I'm afraid this isn't a very happy post. Things are quite stressful at Casa La Bugsy.

Let me give you a run down.

* Our shop got robbed today. Thankfully Hubbs is okay, but we are about $300 out of pocket - the robber has no idea what he has just done to us. When you are close to the edge already, the last thing you need is someone to invade your safe haven and hurt you and your family. I cannot tell you how upset both Hubbs and I are. It isn't just about the money which we desperately need with no other income coming in and lots of bills to pay. If you have ever been robbed you will understand what I mean. The police said that a man of his description has been reported doing lots of little robberies - whether it is just purchasing food and not paying for it or doing till dashes like what happened to us. Of course the amount is too small to worry about putting against insurance and we are unlikely to ever see it again from the police nabbing the guy.

* Mum in law is worse. She has gone way downhill to the point where she has stopped eating and they may have to start tube feeding her if she doesn't start eating soon. She called me yesterday as she was too scared to go to the toilet and i had to talk her up to going. She is stressing about bills at home (despite her step-son saying that the bills are all under control and all have been paid). She is terrified of even leaving her room there. The doctor wants her to consider doing electroconvulsive therapy (ECT). She told the doctor to call me as it would be my decision - What? It sure isn't my decision. I told her I was happy to discuss the pros and cons with her and her doctor but I couldn't make the decision whether to do it or not. She is the only one that can do that. Her step-son is saying that he can only be looking after her hubby (his dad) for another week and then we will have to have a family conference about what to do with him (I couldn't care less what they do with him - i want nothing to do with that decision).

* I still haven't gone to have the cat scan i am supposed to get of my back and yes it is still bad. I just don't know what to do with Alex. 2 of the mums from mums group have offered to look after him - now i am worried if i let one care for him that i might offend the other one. i just can't deal with that at the moment as well.

* I want to end this post with some good stuff - Alex and i went to visit one of the other mums from mums group and her daughter "E". "E" and Alex get along really well - aren't they cute together?


I was going to show you a really cute tooshie picture I took of Alex but after just watching Montel who featured a show about sex offenders I decided not to show you. Email me if you want to see it though and I will send it to you privately (if i know and trust you that is). lol

* Since Mum in law has been in hospital i have gotten a lot of things done though which is excellent. I have cleaned up heaps of the house which really makes me happy. i can actually see a difference. I have also done heaps of knitting in my super secret pressie and I am now over 50% of the way through it. Yay! I have also had time to do things like shower, and cut my toe nails, and cook food for Alex (there goes me collecting enough Heinz baby food tokens to actually get anything from that campaign). I have even had time to do crazy stuff like cook meals for Hubbs and I. We have even had breakfast every day in the last week!

Speaking of which - i'd better go cook dinner if we are going to have some tonight.
Catch you all later.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new here. Just wanted to say how sorry I am that your store was robbed and you are going through a hard time.

 
At 4:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugs, I am so sorry to hear about your store being robbed. That totally sux!
and it's sad to hear about your MIL.
{{Hugs}}
I hope you do get to the Dr's soon..
Luv Lesley

 
At 1:00 am, Blogger Drew said...

Oh Bugsy
I just read about what happened - I hope things improve for you guys. We experienced some vandalising before, and though it is nowhere even close to what happened to your shop, we were really affected by it and were very scared for a long time. My heart goes out to you and family. Hope you feeling better - keep us posted. Lv and will be thinking of you. :(

 
At 7:47 pm, Blogger Mony said...

Look at him sitting up!
I am so sorry about your robbery! Argh! It's very unfair honey.

 
At 7:44 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Bugsy...sorry to read about this stuff, it sucks and I hope things improve dramatically for you.

But i wanted to say to you...

HAPPY FIRST MOTHERS DAY!!!

 
At 9:11 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Bugs, Take both your friends up on the offer to babysit. Get one to babysit on the actual day and ask the other one if she can have him when your next appointment at the doctors is due. That way no one is offended and your little man gets to have new experiances.
Never say no to a babysitter unless your uncomfortable with them minding him.

Not many people offer to babysit my 4 boys, not cause they might miss behave just people get overwhelmed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker