Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Sugar sugar, oh honey honey

Hey guys,

You know how I haven't been so good lately? I have really been off the rails- depressed, emotional, crying, yelling, really not myself at all.

Well today I realised that I feel quite good. I am not quite as emotional and when my bosses pregnant wife put her hand on my arm today and said "don't worry, when the time is right it will happen" I didn't run off to the loos to cry. I never hit her like I wanted to. I just laughed. Then I went and told a friend what she said and we both laughed. (lets compare for a second. She has been married 9 months and is now 3 months pregnant - I have been married 4 years, been trying for 3 of those and had two miscarriages - but Oh yeah, it just isn't the right time for me)

So where has the angry bitter person gone? (well we know a part of her is still with us for sure LOL)

Well I also realised something else today. Today is the third day in a row that I have taken my meds correctly and fully. Ever since losing Tukka I have not taken them correctly. Some days I miss a dose, some days I don't take them at all. It is the metformin really that I needed to take. I noticed it when I first started taking it all those months ago. Within a few days I was feeling better, less emotional, just generally happier.

Do you think it might be a sugar imbalance that causes my emotions to go every which way?

4 Comments:

At 10:28 pm, Blogger Net said...

I know you have been through one of the toughest times in your life and I know the pain and hurt you have inside you, so you are completely entitled to feel and act the way you do.

I also beleive that our hormones are regulated by that little thing we call "sugar", so taking your Metformin and helping regulate your sugar levels can only help you get your hormone level back to what we call "normal".

Keep it going and everyday is a step closer to your dream.

Also don't forget, we are women and have every damn right to go off the rails whenever we feel like it...lol.

Take care my very dear friend.

 
At 11:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think blood sugars are responsible for everything - as Net said, it's such a hard thing to go through and you wouldn't be human if you didn't snap every now and then I think.
However, that said, I definitely noticed the difference in my emotions when I started taking met regularly - I found myself on a much more even keel emotionally, alot more able to cope, and generally much more stable within myself. I even got more energy. The sad thing was, I never even realised until I started taking the met, just how bad I felt before, and just what a huge impact those sugar levels had on depression levels for me.
It doesn't take everything away, but I say every last bit of help we can get we should take - it's too hard to deal with otherwise. (life in general that is - I'm not making sense huh?)

 
At 5:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

When my sugar level are crashing I can be the biggest snappiest bitch known to man. Take your drugs, dammit!

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I am a diabetic and my husband is a diabetic. His mother was a diabetic and on and on and ON.

Absolutely!! Sugar levels can play havoc with everything about us! You can feel sick ... or bitchy ... or extremely sad. Add it to a REASON for feeling sad ... and it can become a REAL problem.

TAKE YOU MEDS GIRL!! They are IMPORTANT! Oh ... and I wouldn't be surprised that getting your sugar under control might help with other things too ... like having a BABY!

It is IMPORTANT ... DO it!

Hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker