Friday, November 25, 2005

blood test results are in

We are cruising along at a very slow pace.

Results:

Oestrogen is 175
Progesterone is 7
LH is 3

I am to continue on the 100iu dose until Tuesday when I have another blood test. I am cd10 today.

The staff there are lovely, and are always so sweet when I am there, but i don't think the nurse could be bothered with me over the phone today. She sounded really peeved that I asked for the numbers, and even more so when she only gave me the Oestrogen numbers and I asked for the others.

I ask too many questions for their liking. I think they would be happy to call me, tell me what to do, have me say "ok" then hang up.

But the way I see it is that it is my body and I want to know all the details, every tiny little hormone level there is. And yeah, she was probably peeved for a second but by the time she dialed the next number, you can bet she has already forgotten about it.

**********
Not sure if I have mentioned this, but I have had this week off work - Wow - it has been busy. I haven't had a chance to really do anything relaxing though - I have just been running around non stop. Tomorrow is Hubb's 40th birthday dinner. People are calling me asking whether I need a hand with anything or if they can do anything. I don't know, people! I booked the restaurant and confirmed with them today (after all the problems were resolved), so that takes care of the food. They have basic drinks there and we asked people to BYO alcohol, so that is taken care of as well.

Cake is ordered and has to be picked up tomorrow. (so that is in hand). Hubbs and I know what we are wearing, and I have a couple of small surprises for him (a badge he must wear with "It took me 40 years to look this good", and an album I have put together for him of about 100 photos of him - from when he was 9 weeks old until now. (thanks to MIL lending me her pictures) ).

So what else is there? I got the standard "40" candle to light too. Can anyone think of anything else? I don't need decorations as the restaurant would probably have a hernia if I turned up to do that. We have a few bottles of wine out to take with us as well.

Hubbs is getting a haircut at 4pm so he looks respectable - have I forgotten anything?

His birthday present arrived today. It came to me in the mail, and I have put it safely away. I so hope he likes it. I can't tell you about it just yet, just in case he hits his head and decides to read my blog. When he gets it on the 4th December I will tell you all then. But it is a beauty. I already have two other small pressies to give him tucked safely away.

Mrs Hugs - keep a look out in the post - a pressie for Ruben was posted yesterday. I hope you like it all - it is sent to you with much love.

p.s. Did I mention that I did my injection MYSELF today? I am so stoked about that, I can tell you. I asked the nurse why it stings so much when I do it, and she asked if I was wiping with the alcohol wipe, then injecting and I said "yes" and she said "you need to get a cotton ball and wipe off the alcohol a few seconds after you wipe it on, otherwise some of it goes in with the needle and it stings like crazy" - so I will try that tomorrow.

3 Comments:

At 7:12 pm, Blogger Mony said...

Well done with the injection sweetie! Tough cookie...it must be a strange and difficult thing to do...stab yourself with a sharp object! I am curious to see how I handle it myself soon.....I CAN DO IT! The nurse was probably peeved because you know more about levels than she does!
Happy Birthday to hubby.....I recently heard that UB40 where touring here and it occured to me that it would be cool to make a "UB40" card for someone turning 40. Get it?

 
At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on the jabbing and on asking for what you need from the docs. They are pretty much always stroppy with me, too, when I ask but as you say, it's our body.

Good luck with the birthday party.

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Or alternatively Bugs, let the skin dry after swabbing and before injection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker