Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Me is a big fat woosey!

I couldn't do it. I tried for like 15 minutes. My skin pinched, the needle hovering over the area, then the tears started flowing and every time I tried I just couldn't do it.

Then Hubbs offered. So I cried, and I held onto his arm while he prepared to do the injection, and I said a hopeful "I love you" just to remind him that I love him and he loves me, and hopefully that would translate into a silent "please don't hurt me".

Then he did the injection, and it didn't hurt. It bled just a little bit - but it didn't hurt at all. Then he gave me two tim tams and a small bag of tiny teddys. (For being a brave girl - even though I wasn't)

I love him.

So one day down. Tomorrow I want to try to do this thing myself. I just hope I am brave enough.

I always thought that one day we would play Doctors and Nurses - but in my imagination I had that going a very different way.

Okay - positive thoughts are back.

Reason #10 to be happy: "Happiness is something you create for yourself; it can't be handed to you in a box. Creating happiness with bring you joy and pleasure for yourself and those close to you."

4 Comments:

At 9:47 am, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Congratulations Bugsy, that first one is a real mindfuck. It will get better, honest. I did a few myself but after about a week my husband took over and he was magnificent. I think it brought us closer together, he really felt an essential part of the process. You know how this stuff seems to isolate the guys. And it was a relief for me not to have to worry about the hovering (I was exactly the same). There was enough stress, this was one thing I didn't need to worry about.
Do at least one yourself so that you know you can do it if you have to, but get your husband to do as many of the needles as possible.

 
At 1:20 pm, Blogger Mari said...

I close my eyes and then stab...but that the only way I can do the injection to myself...Good luck tonight!

 
At 8:13 pm, Blogger Dr. J said...

Good luck! I know I would be no better...you should see the bathroom dance I do when trying to convince myself to pull the wax off my lip Now, No, now! Now! Come on, Now!

Hope tomorrow works!

 
At 12:15 pm, Blogger Anita said...

Bugsy so happy that you have one under your belt....

The injections were so hard for me also, that on my 1st cycle DH gave them all to me but sadly you do get used to them.

I know you can do this. If anyone can, you can!

Thanks for the blog you sent me....will be logging on for sure. I have some also, try:
http://www.chocolateandzucchini.com/
and
http://bakingsheet.blogspot.com/

Thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker