Saturday, January 28, 2006

A change of pace

The rain has arrived, which is beautiful and calming to my frayed hot nerves. It is still really hot, but the rain does help. When it stops, the steam rises from the hot ground which is quite a sight. The air is thick with bushfire smoke still, but hopefully the rain will also shift that too.

I decided whilst I was out today shopping (grocery), that I would post about some things that have made me happy today.

Today I am happy that:
* the doctor has decided no more antibiotics and a chest xray early next week is in order. Although my cough is better, it is still bad.
* when I was out shopping, I smiled at people .............. and they smiled back. And this happened several times while I was out.
* I have eaten really well and drunk heaps of water. I feel good.
* I asked the chemist how long it would take to get my OI drugs in, because I didn't want to get them in yet, because this cycle may be successful and I might not need it. It felt great saying that instead of just assuming I am going to need them in for another cycle.
* When I bought a cinnamon bun for Hubbs at the bakery, I qualified for a free loaf of bread and a cloth bag to carry it all in.
* I had the guts yesterday to ask my boss if I could see pictures of the baby - she is beautiful and I felt good looking at the pictures - I didn't cry at all.
* I feel so much love and happiness for my blog friends. Danielle - you are my soul friend and I could not walk this earth without your wisdom and friendship. Mrs Hugs - I can't believe that you always listen to me, and you are always there - whenever I really need an ear - Thank you both so much. I can't name you all because I would be here all year, but I can't believe I have found so many wonderful people through this journey. Everyone that reads my blog and\or comments, and\or talks to me on MSN - you guys rock! How would I cope without you.
* Maddison and Oscar are doing well and recovering from their conditions. I am thankful that I have them in my life and that Maddison is beating this thing - I didn't lose her!
* Oscar's blog has taken off and he has so many blog friends. He gets more comments on his blog than I do!
* My Oestrogen level is increasing at a nice steady pace. It was the same level yesterday at cd8 as it was at cd10 last OI cycle. Yesterday it was 174 - up from 108.

I know there is more that I am happy about today, but that will do, as it is a mighty list as it is. I hope everyone is well and happy. Take time today to smile at a stranger - it really is fabulous therapy.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 am, Blogger J said...

Nice Post - I'm glad to see that you're taking care of you - and taking time to take pleasure in little things.

I hope it's ok - I've linked you - Keep up the good mojo.

 
At 3:13 am, Blogger Portlairge said...

Bugsy
What a lovely post. I will definitely try the smile thing. Glad you are having a good day.

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy...
Lovely to read that you are happy...
I am just being me and will always be aobut for you, you just have to holler at times because I may not be at my PC but you know how to find me, I am only doing what a good friend should do for another and I know that you will do the same for me... I love you... Never forget that...

MrsHUGS...

PS... Ruben is sending you big clown smile as well ( big open mouthed ones that remind you of the clowns at the circus that you with ping pong bals into... hehehe )...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker