Thursday, January 26, 2006

Happy Australia Day

I hope everyone has had a lovely day - Happy Australia day !

It has been another warm one - somewhere close to 40c. I spent the day indoors. Outdoors all we have been able to smell for the last couple of days is smoke from the bushfires here in Victoria. Also we are totally safe where we live, the fires are not that far away - 15 min drive.

Well the bosses wife had her baby. A little girl, only 6 pounds. I was very pleased to hear that the name they gave her was nothing like the names we have chosen - I was very concerned about that (due to a dream where they gave her the exact name we like). It was really hard hearing all the baby talk around me, but I even got the guts up to go congratulate my boss yesterday. He is very perceptive. He asked me (after we had been chatting about his new daughter for a while), how I was going, both physically and emotionally with our own challenge. I said "Not great, but we are just doing the only thing we know how to - we keep trying" and then I changed the subject.

Oscar had an operation on his foot on Wednesday - he is doing well, and driving me crazy with continually sticking his paw in his water bowl (it isn't supposed to get wet). Luckily I think I caught him in time, each time he did it, and only just the outside of the bandage got wet. (pictures of Oscar after his Operation are on his website)

Better go - I am so tired. Need to hit the sack. Night all.

2 Comments:

At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy...
I am very proud of you in regard to your bosses baby... So glad to hear that they didnt use a name you were thinking of...
Just stay positive 2006 is going to be your year...
You are in my prayers...

MrsHUGS

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger Mony said...

Night Bugs.
Sweet Dreams....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker