Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lucky me - I get to do more drugs!

I went to the chiropractor again today and he put back all the ribs I have dislodged as well as the two spots in my spine that were also out. I played with his son again - he is adorable. When I went into the consulting room, he pounded the door for a couple of minutes and then sat down and burst into tears because his play mate had gone - hehe.

I also went to the doctors again. He said that as long as the bleeding has stopped he isn't going to worry too much about it, but said my lungs are still not good, and now I am on a third lot of antibiotics. He wants to see me again in a week and if I don't show marked improvement he is sending me off for chest xrays.

About 2 hours after I got home I realised something that may be significant. I am portraying the same exact symptoms that my mother did - when they discovered that she had secondary lung cancer. With Mum she had a cough, that was just a cough, no sneezing, nothing else at all. And the cough just wouldn't really go away. After a few courses of antibiotics, they sent her for an xray and discovered the secondary cancer in her lungs. Further tests showed primary cancer in her kidneys.

Now I am not saying that I have anything to worry about, but it does provide food for thought huh. Oh, and Mum's cancer was deemed hereditary too. I will mention all this to my doctor next week, just in case. Maybe there is a reason I have been dreaming of my parents lately. Perhaps they are trying to tell me something.

Oh and on a side note when I was leaving the chiropractor today, I was almost back to Hubb's car to discover that someone had just parked their 4WD so close to my car that I could not get in the drivers side. It was about 3 inches away, parked right on the line on my side.

I was standing at the head of my car when she strolled away from her car. I called to her and said "how on earth do you expect me to get in my car? " and said shrugged and said "I am in the lines" and walked off. I called out again "do you think you might be able to move it a little? I mean, the spot on the other side of you is empty and you are so close to me I can't get in my car." and she ignored me and continued walking. I just wanted to cry, but before I could say anything else - she had gone.

I got in the passenger side of my car and wormed my way over the gear stick and handbrake to the drivers side (just the thing you want to do after going to the chiropractor).

I was so angry. I really wanted to run my keys down the side of her car or something, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I really really wanted to though.

What an incredibly horrible person!

I so hope she came back to her car today to discover trucks completely blocking her in or something. I really really do.

Why do people have to be so nasty? Why can't we just be nice to each other. Whatever happened to being considerate of others?

Or do I just belong in a bygone era?

5 Comments:

At 4:40 am, Blogger Anne said...

Grrr...That car story is the kind of thing that gets my blood boiling. People who are so obviously disrespectiful, thoughtless, and mean make me crazy, and are one of the few types of people who make me want to get into a physical confrontation.

I think you were incredibly patient. I might have gone after here and made a HUGE scene.

 
At 7:20 am, Blogger J said...

Truly nasty. But it's good for your karma that you didn't key up her car, ya know?

 
At 9:39 am, Blogger Patty said...

Lets hope there was so many people wanting to park, that someone double parked right behind her and she couldn't find who the car belonged to and had to wait, and wait, and wait. That's what she deserves. I guess no matter where you live there are selfish people.

Hope the rest of your day was better.

 
At 11:46 am, Blogger Portlairge said...

Hope that silly cow gets blocked in from every angle for at least four hours.
On anther note, I hope your cough gets better. If you don't feel significantly better in a couple of days with the new antibiotics, perhaps you could harass the doc into sending you for a chest x-ray sooner.

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Hope your cough gets better. It really gets you down when you feel lousy for so long. Push your dr for an x-ray.

Ignorant drivers really get up my nose. I'm really glad that I don't drive.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker