Monday, January 23, 2006

Off we go

I had my baseline ultrasound and blood tests today and got the go ahead to start our second cycle of Ovulation induction.

Unlike the last cycle where my blood test results were bad (progesterone was 10.9) and I had to wait until CD7 to begin the injections, this cycle I am starting CD5. Yay.

I am hoping those two extra days of injections are going to make all the difference and make my eggs strong, healthy and ripe.

For those of you taking notes, here are my baseline results:

Oestrogen (E2): 108
Progesterone (P4): 5.1 (this is probably a little high still but just acceptable)
LH : 2.3

My ultrasound showed Right Ovary - 7 follicles, Left Ovary - 4 follicles.

So I feel really good about all this and eager to get started. All I wanted from today was a chance - another chance to maybe one day be a mummy - And - I GOT IT! I couldn't be happier. (well, unless, you know like, the u/s showed a baby or something).

I am also feeling a little better although I am still coughing and still have some breathing restrictions.

Hubbs is once again on nightshift. Ho Hum, so I am home alone, yet again. I so wish he was here. I miss him when he is on nightshift as I only get to see him for about 30 mins in the morning between when he gets home and when I go to work.

On the knitting front, I have finished "Pear" and have started "rodney the rooster". Getting there (determined to finish but keen to start something else. (got my eye on that airoplane of Katts)).

4 Comments:

At 6:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes it's so much better to be DOING something, I'm pleased you were able to get started early this cycle. I'm just sorry you're having to do this in all the heat.

 
At 4:00 pm, Blogger Portlairge said...

I'm so glad your cough is better. Your numbers sound great. Good luck with your cycle.

 
At 12:39 pm, Blogger Mari said...

Good to see that your baseline results are nice and strong. Here is hoping that very soon you will see the baby in there.

 
At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and are having such a good start to this cycle.

P.S. Thanks for that link by the way, I'm definitely going to look into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker