Saturday, February 25, 2006

Just add water to hormones, mix well and stand well back

Last night I went to my future sister in law's Hen's night. It was very different. Firstly I was the youngest person there by 8 years (and that was only because my sister came). Everyone else was between 50 and 60. We went for dinner at the Hilton which was very nice. The food was equisite, the service was divine but I just don't think it was really worth the $48 a head we forked out. One look at the drinks menu sure had me drinking water all night, I tell you.

But what really freaked me out was in this room full of 15 women, I was the only married one. My sister and sister in law are engaged, but the rest were all divorcees. Not only that - very happy divorcees. I had nothing to contribute to the conversation when they chatted about how many years it has been since they divorced, how happy they are, best thing they ever did was get rid of that man, etc. On and on it went - they were one happy divorced bunch.

So eventually someone noticed how quiet I was and said "so, are you with someone?" and I said "Happily married nearly 5 years" and smiled. There was silence and then one said "Oh give it another 5 and see if you say the same thing" and everyone laughed.

I am sure they think my new sister in law is crazy for getting married again at 60. I think she is fabulous. I think if you are 60 and you find someone you want to spend the rest of your live with - you should go for it! Everyone deserves to do whatever is needed to make them happy. If she was just happy to live with my brother and not marry, then that would be fine too. But I have to tell you, watching those two being in love, and going all gooey about wedding plans - it is just gorgeous!

Wedding is in two weeks - I can't wait.

Car shopping this weekend. Over it already but need to get a car - one that works.

Had a headache for 4 days now.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 pm, Blogger Portlairge said...

I hope I'm not rude for asking but how old is your brother?
I'm glad you had a nice time. I think it is fabulous too that your future sister in law is in love and happy and planning her wedding.

 
At 2:21 am, Blogger Patty said...

Sorry haven't been around for a while. Hope things are going smoothly for you and hubs. Also hope you find a car soon that you both like. But does this mean you will then (still) only have one car.

And how are all the four legged animals doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker