Monday, April 03, 2006

The post where you find out stuff you didn't need to know.

I opened up a magazine today and saw this full page ad: (no kidding - this is a real ad)

Is it just me or does this woman look rather smug? Is she throwing in my face the fact that she is obviously ultra fertile?

Let's also consider the use of the title. "confirm your expectations....". I won't go on about the fact that it is a sentence fragment and nothing else, but I did sit there, and considered my expectations. Did I expect that it would be easy to get pregnant?

Actually, no - I didn't. I researched pregnancy rates and found that age old one that says that most people fall pregnant within a year of trying. That very first month I was disappointed when AF arrived, but understood that it could take a year. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be sitting here nearly 4 years on, still trying, still failing.

I expected that my husband would be happy to jump into bed at a moment's notice - boy how niave I was on that score. Since we decided to do OI, we haven't had BDed once, not even for "fun". Boy am I frustrated now, just let me tell you! The last time we BDed was the 4th Feb. In fact that was the only time this year! ONCE THIS YEAR! Friday I accused him of cheating on me when a friend confided her partner has been cheating on her (with his best mates wife no less), and she said "I should have know it when he stopped sleeping with me". I freaked out and thought that was why Hubbs and I never BD anymore. He promises me that it isn't that at all, that it is just his bad back hurting so much.

So what do you think? Should I write to these people and tell them my expectations? What were your expectations?

P.S. Blood test today was better but not fantastic. E2 went up from 192 to 286. I do another blood test on Thursday and see how we are going. Today marked the 14th day in a row that I have been injecting myself. I am getting a little sick of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker