Thursday, March 16, 2006

Help needed: Get me walking around the world.

Help. I am currently writing up a submission for a group of us at work to do this. It is the Global Corporate Challenge. In a nutshell, my company is entering 25 teams of 7 (in Australia - they are doing about 40 more teams worldwide) into this challenge. Each team member (if they are successful in their bid to join) wears a pedometer for 6 months, and every day each member enters their step count for the day. A map charts your team's progress across the world and the aim is to walk the world.

The GCC aims to get people to get more exercise than they currently do in a bid to curb our ever increasing obesity levels.

When my company announced they were getting involved I got very excited. Walking is something I can do, and this will really encourage me to do more of it. Hopefully I will also lose weight, and then maybe, just maybe, I will get pregnant. See where I am going here?

So I really want to do this.

Trouble is, it has raised a LOT of interest in the company. so much so, that they had to work out some sort of selection process to choose which teams they would put into the challenge.

I want my team to get in. So here is where I need your help.

There are two questions my team has to answer:

1. in 300 words or less describe why your team should be picked, and what your goals are.

2. list 5 initiatives that you would do to encourage your team.

If you can, please comment and give me some hints on what I can put in our submission that would make it stand out from all the rest.

I want, No I NEED to do this. Please help me.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 am, Blogger muser said...

Here's one initiative. Move the vending machine further away. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker