Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The long weekend wrapup

I have been a little subdued since my last post. I have a lot on my mind.

I found the perfect present for my work colleague. It is like the angel pins that you see around on a piece of cardboard with a nice poem on it, but this was an doggie angel, and it has a little puppy with a halo and wings and really nice words.

I gave it to her with a pet sympathy card and told her that it would make her cry so only open it when she was ready.

She did cry, and then she hugged me and thanked me several times throughout the day. She said it meant the world to her. I felt like I was somehow able to say "I understand". I hope she is okay.

It was a lovely long weekend here in Melbourne, and it enabled me to get some things achieved that I have been trying to for ages.

Saturday was my brother's wedding and it went very well. Jim Richards (Aus\NZ racing car driver - 2nd behind Peter Brock as having won the most Bathurst races)** was there which surprised my nieces and nephew who all thought their dad had been sprouting crap for years about knowing him. Turns out some of what my brother says is true! Who would have thought?

Of course, I am not into car racing, so I had no idea who he was until I googled him. hehe.

The wedding went off without any problems and they are now happily man and wife. The bride wore a pink satin dress she made herself and the groom looked very dapper in a lovely suit. They danced all night and made me wonder if they were as old as they were when they were still dancing away and I was looking for a comfy chair to relax into.

Sunday I helped my sister go through and reduce her Yarn stash. As you have probably guessed this just meant that my stash increased hehe. But I did end up with some lovely yarns. Just better start doing something with them!

Monday I had to be at Monash IVF by 8am which was a shame considering it was a public holiday - no sleep in for me. To top it off Sunday had been stinking hot and Monday morning was cold and raining like there was no tomorrow. I consoled myself by picking up breakfast at Mcdonalds and there I met a lovely Japanese lady who was in Melbourne to see the Commonwealth games and could not believe the weather. She was so sweet and we had a lovely chat. I hope she enjoys her stay in our wonderful "weather-changing at the drop of a hat" city.

My sister asked me to go to spotlight with her (gee, arm twisting) - but I was good and only got two balls of baby yarn that were on special. I could have bought up big though. I just wish they stocked sock yarn.

My big achievement of the weekend is that I went through two tubs (yes tubs (the big ones with lids)) of lollies my husband has been hoarding and chucked out most of them as they were way out of date. As soon as I told him some of the use by dates, he was happy to see them go. Yay! Now I just have to stop him buying up big like that again.

On the fertility front, I am 7dpo today. No pg symptoms nothing. Somehow I don't think this is a good sign.

My results yesterday were:
Oestrogen: 447
Progesterone: 27.9
LH: 3

I did another HCG booster last night.

Now we wait. No more blood tests for another week and then we either do a pregancy test or we do tests to start another cycle.

p.s. I updated the photos on Oscar's website. Some are of my sister's new kitten Bella.

** I take no responsibility for getting any of these stats wrong. I am not into racing and I can only report what Google tells me - so forgive me if I am wrong. If you are reading this Jim, Hello - hope you had a great time on Saturday - apologies if we were all pointing and staring at you.

2 Comments:

At 9:40 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Hi Bugs, we are up to the same stage in our waiting game. I also had my last booster yesterday! This waiting game sucks but I think I am getting better at it. Don't ask me how!

 
At 11:39 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Hopefully you have good news in a weeks time.

Jim Richards is known as "Gentleman" Jim on the race circuit. (Not hard to tell that I'm a rev head).

I picked up some lovely Patonyle sock yarn at our local Spotlight on Monday. They have 4 new self striping colours at the moment.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker