Thursday, March 23, 2006

The new addition to the family

No - it isn't another pet! It is a Honda V25. Hubbs got it yesterday and rode it to work today.

I am worried sick about him being on it. He only got his learners just over a week ago, and I think he needs a little more practice locally before taking it to work. It is a little old and has done quite a few kms. But I think it looks pretty hot.

I just have to get over my fears, and stop crying everytime he rides off.

A friend told me she thinks it is pretty sexy and perhaps Hubbs should wear the jacket to bed like Marge got Homer to do in the Mr. Plow Simpsons episode. hehe - I said that maybe if he wore the helmet we might get somewhere - hehe


So what do you think?

I have another very interesting thing for you.

A friend who is planning her wedding came across this ---> dressing up boys as flower girls and bridesmaids for your wedding. I don't know which part about this disturbs me more - the fact that these people thought it was perfectly normal to put a boy of any age into a dress and publicly display him or the one liner anonymous comments asking for pictures of boys in dresses. Don't get me wrong - I am all for playing and dressups, but this is something totally different - this is, to a certain point, people who sound like they would have preferred daughters to sons, and so treat their boys like girls.

This is very close to my heart. I used to work with a lady who fostered a little boy who was exactly in this position. His mother wanted a girl, and so when he was born, she told everyone she had a girl, and treated him as such. When he got older, and started going to school, it was picked up, and child services got involved. They insisted that the mother start treating him as a boy, and she did - but she hated him for being a boy, and started mistreating him. At the same time she had another baby - another boy, and again, started telling everyone she had a girl.

It got to the point where he stopped going to school because Mum locked him in his room and threw food in when she thought of it. When child services checked it out, he was immediately removed. There was fecal matter everywhere, and he had marks on his wrists where he had been bound. He will permanently wear the mark of his mother's hatred towards him on his body - including a "dint" in his forehead from something being thrown at him. Because his little brother wasn't currently in danger, he was left with his mother but watched carefully. Less than a year later my workmate was asked to take his brother as well.

These little boys were adorable but heartbreaking. Imagine if you will a 6 year old boy who sits down to pee because nobody showed him how to pee standing. Those first few months for him being treated as a human being were really hard on him. At dinner he would hoard his food, scoffing it down lest it be removed from him. My workmate would say " Ben (not his real name), would you like any more potato?" and he would say "Yes" and eat until he was sick. If she said "Ben, have you had enough to eat?" he would say "yes" because he didn't want to offend. It was so hard to work out what he did really want and no want.

It broke my heart being around them. She told me she really wanted to just hug him and hold him, but contact freaked him out and it was real baby steps with him. A month after he came to her, he reached out and held her hand, and she wanted to jump for joy. Progress.

I haven't seen her for a number of years. I wonder how she is going. I wonder how the boys are and whether their mother continued her patten.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you that link and hear your thoughts on it.

p.s. I don't know if it helped or not, but I read on blogger's help page that they moved a lot of blogs to a new server and that if you still have posting issues, to clear your browser cache and try again. I did and it let me post - with pictures!

9 Comments:

At 9:22 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

It is sooooooooooo cruel what some parents do to their children.

That's why I do the job that I do.

Children are the most blessed creations on this earth.

They should be treasured not abused.

Cathy

 
At 12:39 am, Blogger Mrs. T said...

Love the bike! We've love to get one ourselves, but I'm a bit on the timid side myself...

I agree that those parents are cruel. That is so disturbing.

 
At 9:05 am, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Wow what an amazing story ! It is very disturbing.

My better half had bike very similar to that one, it was a Honda Shadow....beautiful bike.
Unfortunately he was hit by a car he wasn't at fault. The bike was a right off and my better half had many, many broken bones. Very lucky considering.

I am sure your Hubbs will be fine, it is the all the other loonies on the road that he has to watch out for.

I must agree they are very sexy !

 
At 4:16 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

That is totally disturbing. I can't believe people would actually do that!

 
At 5:59 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Urg thats a horrible story.
Love the bike though, it is VERY sexy. I can relate to your forboding feelings though. Action man went to see the Crusty demons for a bucks party last night. Later they partied on at a friends property in the bush. the friend had one of those stupid little motorbikes (not sexy) and all the boys had fun riding it drunk and in the dark! Action Man has reported today that he would like a motorbike now. Aaaahhhhh!

 
At 9:39 am, Blogger Anita said...

The bike issue is a little close to my heart also. DH has a harley and I loathe it. Yeah sure to others it looks great, but as a wife, the moment he hops onto the bike your heart stops and only starts beating when he gets to his destination.

I will stop there as I could go on, but know that I am feeling for you.

 
At 9:42 am, Blogger Anita said...

Further to my comment.....

On giving my bit about a wife's perspective on DH's having motorbikes....

on DH's persistance, I got my L's and loved riding (around our local streets.....lol). Never did get enough courage to get my P's!

 
At 8:44 pm, Blogger Mony said...

That's hot, Bugs! I wish my husband would get a bike!

 
At 8:46 pm, Blogger Mony said...

Oh my god, I meant to add that your friends story totally broke my heart. I am astounded that something like that could happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker