Saturday, May 06, 2006

The big blankie

Well here you go - blankie pretty well complete. All squares sewn together, and all ends dutifully sewn into the seams and hidden. It measures a whopping 147cms x 87cms.

I am thinking of giving it a bit of a wash and letting it dry flat somewhere. Do you think I need to add an edge to the whole thing?

I know I haven't blogged for about a week. I have been feeling quite at a loss, like I am not sure where I fit in any more. I am okay but I think I just lack the energy to interact with anyone else (that sounds so silly, like I am just lazy or rude, but it isn't like that. I go to post, and nothing comes to mind to say. I read blogs and I want to comment, sometimes I even press the "post a comment" button but nothing goes from my brain to my fingers and I end up just closing the window). I am sure it will pass soon and I will be back posting and commenting again.

Please wish little Ruben a very lovely naming day today. I so wish I could be there. Mrs Hugs gave us a lovely invite, but with the cars going, we are really stuggling financially. We just can't factor in a trip to QLD right now. I hope he has a lovely day. I can't wait to see the photos - he is such a handsome little man!

5 Comments:

At 12:54 pm, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

My very best to little Ruben ... I hope he has a wonderful life!

The blanket is beautiful and is fine without a border.

I have off times too ... I don't always feel like posting, even if I'm not sick. Blogging is supposed to be fun and relaxing and if it causes you stress for any reason, then it is time to wait until that stress passes.

The urge will come back ... it did for me.

 
At 3:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that blanket is incredible! I think it looks great without a border - since you did such a nice border around each square, it looks really "complete" right now. Then again, a border would look nice, too - so it's a matter of do you want to do more work or not? :) Gorgeous. I wish I could knit that well. I can't follow patterns. My brain isn't that clever.

 
At 9:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful blanket.

I'm feeling the same way about posting and commenting at the moment. I'm in a bit of a slump right now, but I'm sure in a week or two everyone will be back posting and commenting again.

 
At 3:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy...
WOW the blankie looks fab...

I think it must be the season for bringing up the 'Leave your comment ' box and then closing it without posting a reply...

I have been actually reading a few of your blogs as well, so I get to know some of you a bit better...

Thank you all so much for your well wishes for Ruben's naming day... It was a great time but had a few teary moments thats for sure...

I so wish Bugsy could have been there to share such a special day with us... I hope to email her some pics soon and maybe she might post a pic for you all to see how much our special man has grown...

Take care, thinking of you all...

MrsHUGS

 
At 12:09 am, Blogger Cathy said...

The blanket is beautiful and I don't think it needs a border.

Good luck to little Ruben.

I don't always get time to blog but at other times I sit at the computer and go blank.

Don't stress over it because there's always next time. I don't.

Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker