Sunday, April 30, 2006

Bonjour ma petites

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I spent yesterday rushing around doing lots of housework and cooking. Today hubbs is working all day so I am doing the washing and I plan on spending some time for myself today, just relaxing, knitting, whatever I want. A Me Day - don't you love them!

The blanket is coming along well. If you click on these pictures to expand them you can actually see the patterns on the squares. I have 4 more rows to add and then I am done. I am considering doing a border but will revisit that thought when I am finished.


Lucy - the patterns are free patterns from this website (although the lady does accept donations she only asks you to pay if you are going to sell the items which I think is more than fair.). I had a bit of a read of your website today - Best of luck with everything and congratulations!.

On Friday I was presented with my 5 year service award at work. It is lovely to be appreciated. I got a framed certificate, a silver pen holder and pen with the company name and 5 years service written on it, and $200 coles\myer vouchers which was a surprise. I thought it was just going to be a certificate or something. I wanted to buy some new sheets but Hubbs is insisting I spend the money entirely on myself. So far I bought 2 tops and a knitting book (that I normally would not have bought as it was $10 and I am a cheapskate hehe). The knitting book is this one:
It has a couple of funny patterns in it but it also has some really nice ones. It is a huge book too - 80 pages. Cool. You can see all the patterns it has in it here.

ok I had better go. Might put a chick flick on and sew some more squares up.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I love the blanket! I did one similar to this recently but it was in tones of blue with a white border around each square. I love the pastels and it makes me think about doing yet another one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker