Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ouch. Can I just say Ouch

I did the IUI today. May I say that it really really hurt.

It took three goes for the nurse to get the speculum in the right spot as my cervix decided to tilt today. Three goes! She removed it between goes and let me rest a minute before trying again

It really hurt. I held it in until it was over and she left the room and then I cried. I composed myself before she came back. She was really nice though.

I have had minimal cramping and no bleeding, so all is okay. In time I will forget that this hurt as much as it did. Hopefully before I ever have to do another one.

It helped having Hubbs there. But the pain I had to go through alone.

Sassy - thanks for the knitty link - cool pattern! I love knitty's patterns.

6 Comments:

At 1:07 am, Blogger Tara said...

Those speculums are hell. I hate them. I hope you're feeling better today. Fingers and toes are in postion!

 
At 2:38 pm, Blogger Drew said...

Ouch - yeah its amazing what us girls have to go through, my husband probably will freak out if he knows how much pain it was for me each time I have a transfer (he thinks its a very serene and calming process). Ha! Not when you are opened up with a pair of clamps!!!
Rest easy - hope it all goes well Bugs.

 
At 12:06 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Good luck Bugsy, you are doing so well. It's an awful state to be in when those speculums head our way. lets hope it's for the greater good.

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Ooh ow! Sorry about the pain Bugsy. Hope it goes well.

 
At 6:10 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Happy Easter Bugs.

Love and hugs.

Cathy

 
At 2:05 am, Blogger Thalia said...

I hope the pain is just a faint memory soon, and that you don't hve to go through this again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker