Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mothers Day

To all my wonderful friends
It's Mothers Day.

Some of you are experiencing Mothers Day for the first time
My blessings to you. I know your journeys and I know how blessed you feel this day
This day you never thought would happen
But here you are

Hold your babies tight, your loved ones close
For today anything is possible
My wish for you is for lots of happiness this day

Some of you have older children
Today is a joy
A day of sloppy kisses, bad attempts at breakfast
Hastily wrapped presents, purchased with love, wrapped in hugs
I wish you the best of days, and many hugs

Some of you, like me, awoke to silence
No children laughing, no kisses and warm hugs
No presents, no cards
No soggy toast with too much jam

But we are mothers none the less
I wish you hugs, and hope you are okay today.
Let us wonder today if this will be the last one where we cry with empty arms.

Today I think of my own mother, who passed 8.5 years ago.
I miss you Mum. I love you heaps and heaps

I also think of my own babies - the ones that should have been here on this earth with me right now

Mummy loves you. I will never forget you.

You made me a Mum.
I am a Mum

4 Comments:

At 12:14 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Bugsy, I have never thought of it being that way-me being a mum even though I havn't had a child. It's a nice way to look at it. Makes me feel marginally better. Good on you for not being bitter.

 
At 2:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy...
I know I am blessed to be a mum, not only do I have to wonderful young adults but I now also have a much wanted baby boy called Ruben...

Sending all those still waiting to become mums special wished today and always...

MrsHUGS

 
At 6:27 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

That is really special Bugsy, thankyou.
I actually found today a lot harder than I thought I would.
I hope you had a nice day.

 
At 9:40 pm, Blogger Net said...

As Mrs Hugs said, I am blessed as well, not only for the fact that my boy is with me, but blessed that I know you.

You are a super, special, wonderful and strong person and I thought of you often today and when I looked at my son and thought of you it bought a tear to my eye (as it does right now) Also when I had those thoughts I prayed and wished that you soon will feel the love of your own dear sweet child.

Happy Mothers Day to the most caring mother I know.

Love and hugs always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker