Saturday, May 20, 2006

A minor knitting update

I have been knitting but it has been very slow progress. I am back onto knitting a jumper for Hubbs that I ashamedly started last winter and didn't do much past the band before I stopped and started knitting squares. So I picked this UFO up again and have been knitting 2-6 rows a day (before my hands start aching from the weight of the blooming thing). I am 10 rows off the armpits now, where I will start doing a pattern for the top bit.



Riot Arts and Crafts (not sure if they are just in Victoria) have decided that this winter they are not going to stock any more yarn, so they are selling their stock at very cheap prices. I got some yarn there yesterday reduced to 49 cents a ball. I think it was near the $3 mark previously. It is a little hard to see but if you click on the photo below to enlarge it you should see just how lovely this yarn is. They also had a little swatch knitted up and it looked great. I got all of this below for $10. I know it isn't wool or anything, but I still think it is nice.


I will be back with an update about the adoption and foster care info session we went to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker