Thursday, June 15, 2006

Getting brave

As you can tell (you can hardly miss it), I have added a ticker.

Bit scary - A ticker is like commitment! So scared every day that something will go wrong, but trying to be positive that things will be okay. Hence the ticker. Hope you like it.

Well the girl at work with pre-eclampsia has had her baby at only 26 weeks gestation. Apparently it got to the point where they thought they might lose her as well as the baby, so they made the decision that they had to deliver him. A boy - weighing only 506 grams. He is on all sorts of equipment at the moment and so far holding his own (as of yesterday afternoon). They did manage to get two days worth of steroids into her to strengthen his lungs so hopefully that gives him a chance. Very scarey. I hope they are both okay.

4 Comments:

At 1:46 pm, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...

LOVE the ticker... hehehe...
We can all now watch her/him/them grow...

I am thinking of your workmate and sending them lots of strength vibes and wish there new baby grows and that everything turns out as it should...

Stay positive !!!

MrsHUGS

 
At 1:53 pm, Blogger Anita said...

O M G !!!!

Just logged in to see that you, BUGSY, is pregnant. This is honestly the greatest news I have read in a long time.

Wishing you nothing but nerves of steel for the next 6-8 weeks!

 
At 11:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popping in to wish you goodluck with your scan hun, you are probably chewing your fingers to the bone right now waiting for your appointment, but just know I am thinking of you. I'll pop in here this afternoon to see how you went so we can share our news.

Big sticky/healthy/normal/heartbeat vibes being sent your way.
cheers,
Leoni (Sister9 EB)

 
At 3:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been lurking and just wanted to reach out to you when I read this post on the ticker. I miscarried in February and am now almost 9 weeks pregnant again. Every day, I have to restrain myself not to put up a ticker, not to read any pregnancy books, not to tell anyone I work with. The "wait-game" is so incredibly nerve-wracking. However, I really identified with your decision to think positively and I may adopt that line-of-thinking, as well. Anyway, I send lots of well wishes your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker