Monday, May 29, 2006

cream yarn detail update\My Nationality

Katt - the tag on the cream yarn says:

Hayfield Natural Wool DK
British Wool
No dyestuff used - produced the way nature intended
100% wool
Even the tag is printed on recycled paper.
Made in Glusburn, England

I weighed it all and I have 170grams of it - not bad for $2

No idea what I am going to do with it.

Vee - you asked about my nationality. Well I am an aussie through and through - I was born here too. My heritage on my Dad's side though is Italian. My great great grandfather came here from Italy many many years ago, and settled in Daylesford where he struck it rich on the gold fields (of course that was many years ago, and the only things left of that era are my great great grandfathers ring that my brother proudly wears that was made from gold he found and became his wedding ring).

So my maiden name was Italian, and sadly enough matches the surname of an onscreen family on Neighbours - which used to cause lots of strange conversations like "Are you related to that guy on Neighbours?" to which I would answer "That is an onscreen character name - not his real name - so what do you think?"

hehe

2 Comments:

At 10:22 pm, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

Wow lots of history that is a woonderful story. Thanks for sharing it.
Well we come from the same bloodline.
My maiden name was the same as a very famous Italian/American actor and I used to get the "oh are you related ?" question all the time, by the end of it I was saying yes and making up stories...hehehe.

 
At 3:05 am, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Fiery Italian blood! Funnily enough, I was just watching Neighbours on BBC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker