Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day

I'm still alive - well barely.

You are right in thinking that we have been busy with the shop. It seems neverending and every night has been a very late one. The earliest I have left the shop at night is 11pm - the latest 2am. 2 nights ago I reached my limits and after driving home again at midnight, I cried all the way home. Last night I cracked it again when Hubbs delayed leaving there once again and it was 3 minutes to midnight before we got home. I have had it. There is so much to do there, so much cleaning, organising, doing. But it can't all be done today!

I know why Hubbs is insisting we work so hard on it now. It is because he knows how much work we need to do to start setting up the baby's room, and that we haven't been able to do any of it so far. yes we bought a cradle but it is still sitting in bits in a back room. The baby's room is so full of other crap right now that you open the door and you are literally lucky if you can step foot in the room. it needs serious work. Partially why we haven't started on it yet is because a lot of the stuff in our garage has been going down the shop. Now that we can see some space in our garage, we can start bringing the crap we really want to keep from the baby's room out of that room to store in the garage. Our house is just too small!

I go back to work tomorrow so I cannot have a late night tonight. I have also stayed home this morning to do exciting things like the washing! (how excitement). So tonight will hopefully be a semi-earlier night, although having said that we still have to get the grocery shopping done and somehow fit in visiting MIL for Mother's Day (Happy Mother's day by the way to everyone).

Tomorrow before work I am seeing the OB again for our regular visit. I am going to ask about redoing the scan and what she thinks. Wriggles has been kicking away daily so all has been good there. Hubbs felt more kicks yesterday too - so he is happy as well.

oh and I forgot to tell you - last Thursday I met up with the beautiful Andrea. Andrea and I went through IVF cycles together. We both got three eggs collected and whilst I had two fertilise, Andrea only had one. But we were both blessed - and she is due three days before me. It has been great to go through this with someone who is going through the same thing. We met for lunch (which was quite entertaining as there was a very sad case of a drunk woman chatting up any men in the bar saying stuff like "can you dial this number for me on my mobile - I just want to check that my sex line is still working"). Eventually we decided to leave after she came over to me and said that one of the guys wanted my phone number (Hello! big fat pregnant woman here - do I LOOK interested?). But still it was a lovely lunch and it was good to compare pregnancies. Although I am sure the sight of two women waddling through the shopping centre would have been a treat. hehe. We met at doncaster shopping centre (give it a miss for the moment - major construction going on and parking is a nightmare).

ummmm anything else I have to tell you? I don't think so. Other than everything is fine and I have put my foot down about any more late nights. Hubbs can stay there and work as long as he likes but I just can't continually do it. It is killing me and is so unfair to wriggles. I feel guilty about him having to do all the work himself but I so don't want to go into early labour or anything and I need to take care of myself for Wriggles sake.

p.s. Still love every second of being pregnant. I can't stop touching my belly. I smile at every movement felt. My heart swells with love for this little person growing inside me. I must do new belly shots soon - I can't even believe how I have really popped out in the last couple of weeks. My heart aches for all my friends who so desperately want this experience too. I yearn to be able to grant that wish for you - if only I had the power. A part of me feels guilty for telling you all how blessed I feel but please don't think I am boasting. I so understand the position that my fellow infertiles are in - just because I am pregnant now does not mean I don't consider myself infertile any more. I will always be that way. I just got extremely lucky with the help of modern medicine. I pray every day that nobody else ever has to go through infertile hell. May your dreams come true.

p.s.s. Still waiting on new live stock for the shop so no guppies at the moment, and little of anything else. if you were thinking of dropping in for fishies - hang off until I let you know that the stock has arrived.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day (i know i said it already..but will say it again)..

I hope you start getting some relax time soon!!

And as I said before..hire someone to clean out the babies room...sit back and pull out the whip and make someone else be your slave

Katt

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

Happy Mother's Day! Don't forget to do a bit of resting.

I also had a friend to do all the infertility stuff with. (Me through Clomid and her through IVF.) We found out we were pregnant on the same day and we had the same due date. She ended up getting twins out of it though. It's nice to have someone who is going through it all with you.

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...

Belated Mother's Day wishes to all who pass by...

I didnt get online at all yesterday as we had a busy day out and about...

Bugsy I am glad you have put your foot down about no more late nights, you have been blessed so you really do need to take care of yourself and Wriggles I would hate for something to go worng at this stage...

I so wish we lived closer as I would came and help you sort things out...

Take care...

MrsHUGS

 
At 1:33 pm, Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Happy Mother's Day Bugsy

Please take care of yourself, the shop is exciting but must come second to your health!

I am glad to hear that Andrea is doing well. Don't feel guilty about being pg - we are happy for you and know that we will get there one day too.

 
At 10:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi bugsy,
thanks for the mention, I too had a nice lunch with you, I would like to do it again soon, our kids will be here and we will be way too busy for a few months!!
I hope the shop is not keeping you from resting, make sure you make time for you and wriggles.
Speak to you real soon!!
Andrea Your IVF Friend

 
At 12:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad to hear everything is going well. Hope things at the store calm down a bit for you both. You're certainly very adventurous taking on such two big changes in such short a time. I'm sure it will work out for you though. Make sure hubs doesn't work too hard and gives you plenty of foot rubs. Take care.

 
At 4:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Be-lated mother's day Bugsy..
It's a really nice thing to be able to write that to you, knowing how well and how far into you pregnancy you are and that your going to be holding bubs in no time at all...
Hope you can slow down a little.
Wow, what a change you have been through with the shop and pregnancy..Now rest some if possible.
Hugs, Lesley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker