Saturday, August 18, 2007

Feeling a little better

Thanks guys - I feel a little better. My sister came today and got to cuddle Alex although I was a little worried about her holding him as she wasn't supporting his neck as much as I would have liked and got a bit indignant when I asked her to support his neck more.

He was a cute little angel - this is one of the expressions I managed to capture today - cute huh!


Remember the comments in a previous post how someone called "andrea" posted Alex's birth announcement on another website (the ivf forum website)? Well Andrea had her baby boy a couple of days ago - a beautiful little boy "Jesse Stan" - I spoke to her yesterday and she is over the moon with her little man. Jesse was born 7lb 1oz, so a bit bigger than Alex. Jesse is also an ivf baby - his mum and I went through IVF at the same time, both of us collecting just three eggs each and she only had the one egg fertilise, while I had two. Both of us had one bub make it though. Amazing huh.

p.s. Thank you Lucie - you are an angel - not only coping with your own newborn as well as his big brother, but you have time to email me daily to see how I am going - thank you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:05 pm, Blogger metal and knit said...

ALex looks rather content and I am sure you are doing everything just right for him. Next time your asked about your home being cluttered just say i like it that way and its how i feel comfortable living. Who says they should make everyone like the stepford wives.

Enjoy and even think there are so many firsts to go thru no starting with the fathers day and then its christmas enjoy every moment

 
At 9:24 am, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh you little darling, look at you holding those tiny sweet hands.

Alex you are the cutest little man.

xoxoxoxo

 
At 1:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is such a gorgeous little man!

I wish I was well enough to send up everything I have for Alex but I dont want to get you sick

As for your family. You shouldnt have to ask them for help, they should offer it willingly.

Katt

 
At 3:42 pm, Blogger Anne said...

I wish I could put into words my joy at seeing your precious baby finally in your arms. I've prayed for this for you for so long, and cried tears of frustration with your losses. Enjoy every second of your baby-moon. He's beautiful, here, and all yours.

 
At 9:15 am, Blogger Anita said...

You will be a great mum I just know it! Believe in yourself and all will be ok.

Each day will be a new learning experience and a new challenge, some days easier than others.

Take care.
xo

 
At 12:49 pm, Blogger Steff said...

wow - only just now catching up on these last entries and i have to say - you M&CH nurse said WHAT?? now you have to worry about tidying your house that is so irrelivent - know this you CAN change M&CH nurses - I did it and never looked back - I go to Jo freeman at vermont south and she is so supportive and wonderful. Trust me it is REALLY important to have a M&CH nurse you feel comfortable with and who you feel is supporting you rather than filling you with worry!!
hugs to you - you sound like every new mum - you doing great

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker