Friday, August 03, 2007

Fetal Monitoring

This pregnancy thing is tiring! I find every day I need a nap around 2pm and then an early night. Oh well. It makes up for not sleeping much during the night.

I have started doing the fetal monitoring and so far so good. Wriggles is just a little too active though for us to get some good readings. The first time we did the monitoring it took 20 mins just to lock onto wriggles heartbeat as everytime the nurse located it, he/she moved and we lost it again. then they got the hiccups and we had to wait until that settled down lol. So they put two belts onto me - one to monitor wriggles heartbeat and the other to monitor any contractions I get. I also get a button to press whenever I feel movement.

What we discovered is that wriggles is the most active baby they have had in a long time. We also discovered that his/her average heartbeat is perfect and they said the squiggly bits inbetween movement shows that his/her central nervous system is behaving exactly as it should be and that my placenta is fine and supporting the pregnancy perfectly. In other words, wriggles is happy and healthy and keen to stay put a little longer. We also discovered that the pressure I feel is definately practice contractions - although I have to say this week they are getting stronger and I have to breathe through some of them. All practice runs leading up to the real deal.

The first couple from our parenting class group had their baby this week. I cried when I got the sms - Hubbs just laughed at my emotions lol. they had a little boy!

We almost have the baby room cleaned out. I was hoping hubbs could get home a little earlier tonight to move the packed things out of the room. Of course, it is nearly 9pm and he is still at the shop and likely to be there for a few more hours. Oh well, all good intentions and all.

I haven't been going to the shop much - not with all the appointments and needing a nap and trying to get the baby room done.

Knitting friends - have you seen the new learning knitting week by week mag? It is very basic and there isn't much in it at all. it isn't very expensive though. I hope it helps foster a greater love of knitting amongst Australians, which might mean that the shops start selling more yarn at better prices.

ok better go - wriggles is moving around so much at the moment, that my stomach is distorting at all angles - the show is too good to miss, so I must go watch my darling baby trying to break out of his/her little jail. hehe. I so want to meet this bubba. Looks like it will be soon - this month! omg

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:48 am, Blogger Summer said...

So glad things are going well with you and Wriggles. He/She seems to be living up to his/her name!

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Steff said...

OMG not long now - I wore one of those monitors both labours and both girls loved to kick it.
As for the naps i still need a 2pm nap lol - not much chance these days though

 
At 2:44 pm, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...
I am so glad to hear that things are going perfectly...
Looking forward to seeing you next saturday morning...
Woo Hoo...
I get to rub your tummy...
hehehe...

MrsHUGS

 
At 6:42 am, Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Over 36 weeks...that baby could be here any minute!

Best of luck!

:)

 
At 3:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy,
I've stopped by to read how you and Wriggles are going. It's wonderful to hear all is ticking along fine. I can read your smiles throughout your blogs. Any day now... so happy for you. Hubby says hello too. luv Jobie

 
At 7:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Bugs,
I am glad for you that Wriggles is coming along really well. Dont you love it when you finally get a chance to lay down that the wriggly person gets active. I loved being pregnant its the easy part.
Wait til Wriggles is 12yrs and gives you lip......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker