Monday, July 30, 2007

OB visit update

OB Visit went well, although some bits still concern me.

She is happy to let us keep going perhaps until due date. Despite my questioning about baby's size, she is happy not to check this out in any way. By feeling my stomach she said she feels the baby is about normal size and she doesn't believe ultrasound gives an accurate size indicator in most cases - especially when you start off with a big belly like I have. (well - can't have that perfect size 8 underneath getting scratched - it needed some padding).

So the only thing we are going to do is to start twice weekly cardio monitoring of wriggles at the hospital just to make sure that wriggles is happy enough staying in there a bit longer. She won't let me go overdue, but will keep a close eye on what the monitoring says.

I don't mind going to the hospital twice a week if I have to - but I do mind the $5.50 parking fee every visit - it is crazy! I start monitoring tomorrow and luckily I managed to get a monitoring appointment an hour before my diabetic consultant appointment - so I kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

She did put the ultrasound machine on in her office just to check that we were definately heads down, which we are, but we are not engaged yet (which she wasn't worried about).

She said my numbness in my hand is carpal tunnel syndrome that apparently is very common in pregnancy and in response to "are these feelings I get braxton hicks?" she said "braxton hicks can be a number of things - different for every person - basically it just means "uterine activity" - so she feels the pressure feelings I get are "uterine activity" and all good.

I told her bub is not allowed to come on the 15th August (the anniversary of my father's death) even though I know that date is awesome in another way (my friend D's birthday). She said we don't have a lot of control over it.

She did tell me today that she thinks I am doing spendidly (and complemented me on having quite a bump hehe) - she isn't worried about the diabetes at all saying that with my last test results she doesn't think bubs will be affected at all (which is good because I have some of the cutest outfits in 0000 that I would really like to be able to use hehe).

She has no plans on inducing me and is happy to let me go into labour on my own. I guess this is a good thing?

I am a bit scared by your comments that your bubs were born before or around this time - Wriggles could be born at any time I guess. omg I so wish we actually had the cradle put together, and the rocking chair out of the box and put together. I wish I had finished my hospital bag (tomorrow I promise) and I wish i had a bag even started for Wriggles. (yeah also tomorrow).

Lucie darls - I would love that music you emailed me about if you have the time to compile it for me - Thank you so very much. p.s. Your birth story for Jethro has inspired me no end. I hope I am as strong as you.

Hubbs keeps wanting me to come to the shop - I think he enjoys the company, but I have so much to do at home that I am finding it hard to balance it all. At the shop I sit most of the time and only every get up to get a cuppa for him or serve a customer if he is busy. I think he is a bit miffed that I won't be coming in tomorrow, but with the fetal monitoring at 11, diabetic consultant at 12 and trying to get baby bags packed, I just think some time at home is called for.

p.s. After going through a lot of baby clothes I have, I have discovered I have 59 bibs. Is that a record? Why do I have an obsession with bibs? Some I have been collecting for years (well, obviously). 1 is in the form of a little tuxedo (love it - bought it when I was 13 as a gift and couldn't bear to part with it). I never realised I had a bib fetish. Strange huh.

ok better go. We are supposed to be going to a restaurant opening tonight - vip guests only. fun!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How on earth did you accumulate so many bibs??

My baby is now 7.5 months old (wow, time flies) and I only have four bibs and keep rotating them and moaning, "We need more bibs!"

Too funny. You'll never run low on bibs until the next laundry cycle, that's for sure!! :)

So happy for you.

 
At 1:44 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Oh...you'll need those bibs. Especially when they are on solids. Baby Eggs's head never engaged properly until I was 8cm dilated! Sorry I didn't see you at the meet-up.

 
At 1:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No such things as too many bibs..you will find that out ;)

Sounds like all is going well..Its normal to be worried about a lot of things at this stage, I know I was...

Hoping Buggy Butt is a good size for mummy...nothing too big little Butt.....

Tell Chris if he helps with the baby room more you could spend time in the shop with him! lol

Hugs hun..Take care of yourself.

Katt

 
At 1:06 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I had the swelling in the wrists with my daughter. If it doesn't go away after delivery, try knitting on big needles. I wish I had thought of it sooner, because I went years without knitting. Now I'm back to size 2s and knitting little socks!
Glad to hear it's going so well for you!!

 
At 2:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww Bugs,

Don't worry about when Baby Bugs arrives, when he/she is ready he/she will be ready. Just like Annike was early, good ole Imara took her time and came 1 day before due date. Don't let the size of bubs worry you too much, its the head that comes first lol Imara was a wopping 4.2 kgs and Annike only 2.2 kgs, both had the same size head at delivery though.

Wow at those bibs, lol yes you will need them when they start on solids he..he Imara has just started, food everywhere. Munchkin just turned 6 months the other day.

cheers,
leoni

 
At 11:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going so well I'm sure everything will go perfectly for you. It's great that they're monitoring you so well with the cardio monitoring and diabetic consultant. Sounds like you've got plenty of people looking after you. And it is great that they're happy to let you go into labour.

I hope you had a great night at the restaurant and hubby takes good care of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker