Thursday, August 09, 2007

Stay tuned for the big news

guess what? I'm in labour!

I had a show on sunday night (tmi - mucus plug plugging up the cervix came away), and started having contractions straight away. On Monday I called the delivery rooms and they said to take some panadeine and rest and see if they intensify or die down. so I did and they stretched from 7 mins apart to 10 mins apart. This kept going Tuesday and then on Wednesday they became 5 mins apart lasting about 1 min each. So I called delivery again and they advised as I was still considered "prem" until Friday I should come in to be checked.

But - Hubbs didn't want to leave the shop if he didn't have to , and we selfishly had tickets to the circus for last night, and I was really looking forward to going. But we both decided if it got worse we would forgo the circus and go to the hospital.

Anyhow we decided I would try staying home a little longer. We went to the circus and I coped with the contractions fine there. But after that it started getting more intense so at 1am we went to the hospital to be checked. The put me on the monitor and and concluded I wasn't in real labour as my contractions, although intense (going off the top of the chart) were erratic. I would have them 5 mins apart for a while then have 2 a minute apart and then one 7 mins later.

They decided I should stay the night, so I hunkered down in the delivery room for the night and slept sporadically in between contractions and listening to the nurses gossiping.

This morning they monitored me again and again concluded that I probably wasn't in real labour yet and this was all just "practice". However they tried to call my OB and found she was in Sydney and they got her stand in to visit - he was LOVELY. Talk about a sweet compassionate man. He made me feel at ease and was very sympathetic. He told me he really needed to do an internal to check the state of the cervix.

He told me it would be very uncomfortable but I didn't care - you gotta do what you gotta do.

He did the internal as a nurse held my hand and while he was doing it he kept saying "i am so sorry this is uncomfortable - I am doing my best not to hurt you" - and he didn't hurt me - yes it was uncomfortable but an IUI was worse.

Anyhow, he concluded with "Well - looks like we will be having a baby soon - today or tomorrow at the latest". My cervix is totally thinned, 3 cm dilated and my waters are bulging through the cervix ready to break any second. He said he could break my waters today but because my body is doing such a good job on it's own, he doesn't want to do that. He said to go home, relax, walk around if I could and see if I can get some progress on this labour. Then if my waters break or I get down to like 3 mins apart to come back in today. If it hasn't happened by tomorrow to call my OB and see if she wants to break my waters to get things progressing.

He said since I have been contracting for 4 days now, they wouldn't want me to go for too much longer as both wriggles and I would start getting tired and may have trouble delivering.

So I am home. Hubbs dropped me home and went to the shop - yes you heard right. He decided I didn't need anyone with me (despite being in labour) and that if I needed him I just had to call and he would come home immediately. I am pissed with him but trying to understand his point of view. Even when he was gone for 4 hours without even calling to see how I am (he did finally call but that was more to tell me that he has heaps more stuff he wanted to get done and wouldn't be home yet (not unless I really needed him and then he would drop everything and come home)). I wonder if he just doesn't cope well seeing me in this pain????

Hubbs had been chatting to a friend's wife on msn while at the shop, and never mentioned I was in labour. However she was telling him how she was feeling really low after recovering from a bad car accident and he suggested that she call me, and I might cheer her up! What the? I told him the last thing I really want right now is to "cheer someone else up"! Not when my supposed support person is doing nothing for me right now, and I am here, alone at home, in labour! The baby room is not finished, the house is a mess and there is little I can do about it. When I asked him if he is going to be able to get everything done in time he said "you will be in hospital five days - I have heaps of time to do it all" - double what the? Does that include cleaning up the house, vacuuming etc? I don't think so, cause that stuff just gets overlooked by the male pair of eyes in this house.

Anyway, I am fine, wriggles is fine, and it looks like sometime in the next 48 hours I am going to meet this incredible little person wriggling inside me.

I have asked the incredible Katt to be a guest poster on this blog and she will let you know when we have news on the impending birth. I just hope Hubbs gives her enough information!

Wish me luck - the next bit is pretty scary! I think I can do it. Gosh I hope I can do this! I want wriggles to be proud of his/her mumma!

Labels: , ,

40 Comments:

At 6:31 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I just wanted to wish you all the best.
Sorry DH is not...well being where you want him to be.
It's an amazing time and so very special.
Look after each other.
Thinking of you heaps x

 
At 7:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to be fantastic hun! Just rememher to relax as much as you can. Oh I can't wait to hear!! Sending out all the smooth labour vibes I can!

 
At 8:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! You are going to be holding your precious baby very soon. You will cope brilliantly. Thinking of you at this very exciting time and I am another who can't wait to hear of your little ones arrival.

Luv
Kit

 
At 9:04 pm, Blogger LL said...

MEN!!!!

Woooohoooo finally.... good luck... may your labour (well what's to come anyway) be quick & painless.

Look forward to pic and ALL the gory details.

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Clare said...

OMG Bugsy, I dropped by after posting myself and totally wasn't expecting to read you are in labour. I'll be thinking of you and wishing all the loveliest things for you, DH and wriggles. and simply can't wait to read your beautiful news asap!!!

 
At 11:24 pm, Blogger Kim said...

Bugsy, Wow, well it wont be long now till you see your little wriggles, you deserve an easy labour with everything that you have been put through over time, dont worry about Hubbs, he will be there for you in the end, congratulations and may your labour be as painless as possible. Look forward to seeing a pic of wriggles and hearing about his/her birth.
Kim, Warragul, Vic

 
At 1:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how exciting!!! Hope things are going/went well and can't wait to hear more on the birth and baby!

 
At 5:42 am, Blogger Summer said...

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and Hubs steps up to the plate and does what he needs to do.

 
At 10:13 am, Blogger Unknown said...

OH Bugs, How excitting. The pain is definately worth it. Take what ever they offer you to comfort you. Dont worry about hubs, he'll be there when you need him the most (they seem to be like that). Please take lots and lots of photos. Best wishes and hugs.

 
At 10:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well holy sh*t and shove me in it!
Was just popping in to wish you happy 37 weeks and I read this lol
Woooooooooo hoooooooooo!
Ok I can't wish you a painless birth coz there is no such thing so will wish you the next best thing, here's wishing a quick labour for you with you and bubs sailing through it like pro's ;-)

I am soooo excited!!! BTW, please follow your instincts OK, that is the only advice I can give you. If you feel you need to go to the hospital then do, there is no prizes for being brave. Labour is unpredictable at the best of times and you will know what is best for you and bubs.

Lots of labour vibes and strenght being sent your way, will be refreshing this BLOG like mad in the next 48 hrs or so.

OMG BUGSY IS GOING TO BE A MOMMY!!!!! :-))

Cheers,
Leoni

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Mony said...

Wha?
Wha?
Hold on! I'm not ready!!!! Bugsy! How can I concentrate on work now that you're in labour???
GO GIRL!!

 
At 12:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... so soon. Wishing you the best of wishes in this special time. Take care. Thinking of you. Jobie and Hubby.

 
At 12:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW I was just popping in for my Bugsy update and saw your news. OMG!!!! Wishing you all the best for your labour and I hope it all goes extremely smoothly. Hope your hubby supports you in the way you deserve. Holy Cow I can't believe you are going to meet Wriggles VERY soon. Oh hun I am jumping out of my chair with excitement for you. Good luck and Ican't wait to hear the news.

BUGSY'S HAVIN A BABY, BUGSY'S HAVIN A BABY!!!!!!!!

Biggest cuddles to you and in the near future Wriggles
Love always
Jac, Baby K and Squishy
xooxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 2:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No news yet?? Awwww I think I am going to DIE from curiosity!! La-di-da-di-da I wanna know if Wriggles is here yet...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

 
At 3:33 pm, Blogger Steff said...

woo hoo how exciting - 5 days that means private hospital - I am guesing Knox or Mitcham...I cant wait for the news - and my hubby can be a bit the same with putting work before general family but when i NEED him not just would really like him he is always there I am sure your hub will be the same

 
At 3:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bugsy

Great news. I just popped in to have a read and got this great news.

Looking forward to hearing all about it, good luck and you will forget the pain in no time.

Kbear (EB)

 
At 6:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo such wonderful new, so very excited for you. Will be checking in obsessively waiting for an update! :) All the best sweety

 
At 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting news. I just had to run into the study to check if there was any news....LOL... Oh no news. Come on girl we want to hear about wriggles.

 
At 12:38 am, Blogger squarepeg said...

Good luck Momma! Enjoy your little one and please post pics!

 
At 8:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking in to see if there is any news yet! Excitedly anticipating Wriggles' arrival!

 
At 9:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugger, still no news! :-(
Hopefully Bugsy is cuddeling her baby and not still in labour :-O

I've officially worn out my refresh button lol

Will check back later.......common Mr Bugsy WE WANT DETAILS lol

cheers,
Leoni

 
At 12:42 pm, Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Oh Bugsy how exciting! You will be great and Wriggles will be so proud and even Hubbs will be in awe of you [men! they just don't know how to be sympathetic do they?!].

Can't wait to hear how it all went and see pics of mum and baby.

After all you've been through you must be so thrilled. I am so happy for you!

 
At 2:43 am, Blogger Mony said...

OK. I'm up for a loo run and it's 2.41 am.....I had to check in and see if there's an update! Bugs I'm thinking about you LOTS! Can't wait for news.

 
At 9:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats to Bugsy and Chris on their new baby....from another site

"On behalf of BUGSY & Chris,
I would like to inform everyone that she had a little boy,
Today at approximatly 11.30am
He weighed 6.13 pounds
His name is Alexander.
She is doing really well..
Smile Ta Andrea
P.S He decided to come at 37 weeks!!

 
At 12:14 pm, Blogger Mother Hoodwink said...

Yay! I can't wait to see a picture of your precious little one. Hope you're doing great!

 
At 12:18 pm, Blogger Clare said...

OMG, I am so happy for you Bugsy that Alexander is here and healthy and you're all doing fine. CONGRATULATIONS Mum!!

 
At 12:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a huge congratulations Bugsy and Chris on the birth of your little man Alexander. We are just so happy for you. You did it girl, you finally did it. Oh I have a smile as big as anything

Enjoy your little man, they bring such amazing love to your heart

Lots of love
Jac, R, Baby K & Squishy
xoxox

 
At 12:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Bugsy and Chris on the birth of your amazing little man, cant wait to hear all about the birth and see pics of your precious little bundle.
Kim, Warragul, Vic

 
At 2:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh finally lol
It pays to scroll down to the bottom lol

Congratulations Lisa and Chris!!!
Welcome Alexander!!!

Wonderful WONDERFUL news Bugsy, finally another Biting the bullet graduate...... I am so proud of you.

Oh feeling emotional now...must go grab some tissues lol I am such a big SOOK!

Lots of love to all 3 of you,
Leoni

 
At 5:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I am so happy for you both!! Congratulations on the arrival of your little man Alexander - what a gorgeous name! I can't wait to hear all about it and to see the pics. There's a little something in the mail from C and J! Well done Bugs, you are a champion.
Love to all three of you,
Lucie, C & J

 
At 9:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! Read it elsewhere ;) and have now bookmarked your blog so I don't loose track of you :$ LOL

So happy Bugs that your boy is here safely! So chuffed! :D

Take care and enjoy the babymoon!

Much love and blessings to you all.

Foofie xxxxxxxx

 
At 1:32 am, Blogger K|nneret said...

Congrats!!!! Wonderful news! Enjoy your little guy :)

 
At 9:47 am, Blogger Roxanne said...

Yeah! I am so happy to hear this news. Congratulations!

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger Gil said...

Congratulations to you both on the birth of Alexander! I can't wait to hear all about it and I'm hoping that you're recovering well. Such fantastic news Bugsy. I'm so thrilled for you!

 
At 4:42 pm, Blogger Betty said...

Congrats Bugsy! Wow, cherish every moment! Enjoy and look after each other.

 
At 9:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Buggs!! I have been checking back and checking back and FINALLY decided to check the comments!!

I am so excited for your new little family and can't wait to see pictures and hear the exciting story!!

((((Huggs))))
Debbie from South Georgia

 
At 10:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy!! Oh, Im so happy for you, Im crying. I cant wait to hear the news, you'll be great!

Hope your man steps up to the plate and finishes that nursery!

Ive been reading your blog for about 3 years now, you deserve all the happiness, you deserve to be treated like a Princess for the rest of your life, and you will be a wonderful Mummy!!

Cant wait to hear about baby Wriggles. :)

Felicity.

 
At 10:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read the comments too! YAY! Welcome Baby Alexander.

Congrats Bugsy and DH. :)

Best news, Im just so happy for you all.

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger Mony said...

How's that boy?
I want a photo! *pout*....thinking of you Bugs!

 
At 9:32 am, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

BUGSY... I do hope you are home now and that Alex was able to go home when you did... It was so lovely to be able to see you, Hubby and your lovely little man Alex on sunday while we were in Melbourne on holidays...

I did get some pics but havent uploaded them yet...

I am still so very excited for you both...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker