Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Nothing so cute as a sleeping baby

I could gaze upon this sight for hours - the sight of my son sleeping contently in his cradle, sleepy from a feed. (I checked him after seeing his pic - that dark shadow near his eyebrow must be a shadow cause there is no mark on him at all).

I am sure he is growing, as I can see him changing already. Suddenly he doesn't look like the freshest little newborn anymore - his face is filling out and he looks like a little boy baby now.

We had our first outing together yesterday. Hubbs broke his glasses and so Alex and i ventured out to the shops to get them fixed. We only went to the optometrist and back (with a minor stop at the butchers and greengrocers next to the optometrist). We were gone about 30 minutes in total hehe, but it was a good first outing. He slept the entire time we were gone, despite about 6 people stopping me to admire how little he is and ask how old he was. He was quite the hit. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to these people. Do I smile and keep walking? Stop and discuss his age (11 days) and how he was early so a little small? Still it was a nice feeling that so many people thought he was as cute as I think he is.

The lactation consultant is coming this morning to see if she can offer any advice as to how I can get him off the formula and onto boob only feeds. I am trying but even after 40 mins on the breast he cries for more and won't reattach and I end up giving him formula just to top him up. My milk really is not "in" yet. My breasts are not ever full feeling. But we are persevering. It isn't quite as painful anymore so that is a good step. It still hurts on first attachment but not the cringing "oh my goodness" sort of pain. Rather a quick wincing pain that is then gone for the rest of the feed.

I have lots more people to thank too - Leoni - the gift you sent is incredible - Leoni sent a hand crafted hat box with buttons and ribbon decorations and his name beautifully written on the lid and the box was filled with nappies, clothing, a fabulous toy that he is already playing with, washers, rugs etc - it is so beautiful. Thank you.

Lucie - stop doing stuff! hehe. Lucie and her lovely family sent us the cutest little slippers that have a dog and cat rattle on the toes - I cannot wait until Alex can put these on. he will love them. She also sent us a Mr Happy book! I will have to start reading to him soon - Mr Happy is perfect. Thank you.

Formal thank yous will be sent as soon as I have five mins to sit and write some lol.

Take care all.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:43 pm, Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Oh Bugsy you are so right, he is the cutest! So glad your first outing was such a success.
I hope your meeting with the lactation consultant went well this morning - they can be a little like the MCHN's by pushing breastfeeding as THE only way. Kudos to you for persevering but try not to stress about it.
Be proud - show off your gorgeous baby and accept compliments and help from anyone who offers!

 
At 2:57 pm, Blogger The Amazing Trips said...

Have you tried Fenugreek? It's an herbal supplement that the LC's at our hospital highly recommend for boosting a supply. I took it when I was BF'ing the triplets, and my production almost doubled. I had to stop taking it this time around because I was producing TOO much.

He is adorable. I'm so happy that he is here!

 
At 3:07 pm, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...
Just make small talk with the people who stop you for a look at Alex when out shopping, especially the old folks as it actually puts a spark into their day... It only last for a couple of months while babies are so little and oh so cute...
Glad you had a nice first outing...

 
At 7:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy, Alex looks adorable, fast asleep with a little milk still on his lips, he looks so content, you are a great mum,
As every one else has said, just make small talk when people stop you in the street, they are admiring your beautiful little boy, take it as a compliment.
If you are unhappy with your MCHN ask to see someone different, sometimes you either click with them or not, but dont settle for one you dont like, if you can get one that you click with it will be so better for you.
You are doing a great job,
Kim, Warragul, Vic

 
At 8:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the comment! I've been reading your site still too. I'm just not very good at commenting often. Your little one really is adorable! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker