Tuesday, September 04, 2007

A little help please....

Help - Alex has started peeling heaps - I am pretty sure it is from being under the UV lights as he is evenly peeling everywhere. I have been putting sorbelene cream on his skin and this has been fine everywhere except his forehead. Today his forehead is really greasy, and has lots of little pimples on it. As well as lots of flakey skin. The little pimples seem to be just like a T-Zone.

So do you think it is because:

a) sorbelene cream isn't suitable for facial skin and I should not put it on his face at all?
b) he is reacting to the 1/2 a block of chocolate I ate over the last few days?
c) It is just a reaction to the UV lights he was under for the jaundice?
d) something else that I should be concerned about?

I have carefully watched the rest of his skin and there are no rashes of any kind anywhere else on his skin (I am of course, scared of menigicocal). The photo doesn't show it totally, but if you click on the photo you will probably be able to see the pimples better.


Any help or thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:26 pm, Blogger Steff said...

It is most likely just baby acne - both my girls had it and its apparently just a newborn thing. Suprisingly what I found cleared it up was Jurlique hand cream (basically lanolin) I found the sorbeline just made it worse

 
At 1:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy,
If you can manage it i would take him into the local chemist and see whether the sorbelene cream is suitable or whether they can advise on another type of cream, some babies do get "milk spots", Has he only got the pimples where he is peeling? Or when you next see the MCHN you could ask her?
He looks cute, even with the peeling skin and the pimples!
Good luck,
Kim, Warragul, Vic

 
At 1:29 pm, Blogger Mrs Pants said...

Not much help Bugsy and if you are really concerned try calling your MCHN. But I would guess that the reason why his face is worse than the rest of his body is because it is exposed more and his body is covered by clothing most of the time? Perhaps not, but just a theory.

Anyway, best of luck. Probably nothing to worry about but if you are like me you worry about EVERYTHING! :)

 
At 6:22 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Bugs I agree with the other ladies. It probably is baby acne, it wont last long and wont scar. I dont think it is the sorbelene as I've been using it for over 15yrs and never had a problem and I use it on every part of my body. Hydraderm is the best brand of Sorbelene there's the thick stuff for arms and parts and there is the pump stuff which is thinner for face and body bits.
Wouldnt worry too much.

 
At 6:53 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Sis,

Dont panic, it's very common. Some people used to call it milk spots. They go away in a few weeks, without treatment. The look like little pimples....

For the dry skin, dont use any soap based products.
I used organic on Ty and the good ole sorb worled really well.
For extra dry spots, I used pure lanolin nipple balm, I swear by this stuff and even carry a tube in my hand bag.
When anyone needs lip balm, leg cream what ever, out comes the nipple balm !!!

Magic...

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger metal and knit said...

milk pimples are very common

dry skin is usually treated with sorbelene and it is the best for alot of things

just check that his baby wash is not drying him out a little.

 
At 10:30 am, Blogger Anne said...

Another vote for totally normal. My Bridget had it the worst of my kids. It will go away all on it's own. {hugs}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker