Saturday, January 05, 2008

The children

I don't want to give much blog space to this topic because she does not deserve it - but the children do. So - I wanted you to know that one thing I have observed is that these children have grown up beautiful, well adjusted and completely normal despite Mum. The only thing I can put it down to is whether she is only that way in front of me (or others), or that Dad's influence has been the calming factor or maybe it is that she has always sent the children to her Mother's place as much as she possibly can? I am not 100% sure, but so far they do seem to be okay. They are currently 6 and 8 and to be honest I haven't seen her with them for about 5 years because she got to a point where she made excuses for the children not being with her whenever we met.

Of course, I only recently realised this was because she wanted me to visit Her not the children. Imagine being jealous of your own children.

I just can't understand it. I was so excited for Alex to have a family christmas this year. I could not have cared less that I didn't get many pressies this year - I was happy for people to give him the pressies, not me. HE was the greatest gift I could ever get.

If people greet him, they are greeting me.

If people express love to him, they are expressing love to me.

So anyway, the point of this post was to say that whilst initially i was concerned for these children, I have walked away from the friendship and ultimately them, safe in the feeling that for the moment, they seem safe, both mentally and physically.

I have been soaking up all the things you have said - I have loved everything you have written. It has made me really stop and try to figure out the situation. Thank you!

3 Comments:

At 12:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets hope that if they are in danger. The father of these children. Or her mother will step in for the love of them

 
At 2:27 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

Hey thanks for the plug at mum's group. Email me if you are interested in one and I'll do ya a discount!

 
At 6:41 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Glad you are getting through it. It will take time Sis...

You did the right thing !

XOXOX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker