Friday, January 25, 2008

off the air for the moment

Just a brief one - I am at the shop at the moment getting some brief internet time. Just wanted you all to know we have no internet at home at the moment. It died on Tuesday and hasn't been seen again since. Various phone calls to our ISP and our Telephone service provider have progressed our issue somewhat. Even with no phone plugged in at all (we have four phone connections in our house), and without foxtel connected to the line the modem only justs gets a connection and that is really week. So - I am now waiting for our telephone service provider to contact me to let me know when they are going to be coming out to visit.

Our latest theory is that possums have once again chewed the physical cable between the street and the house thus rendering our connection next to useless.

To make life even more fun - I have also received calls from people snail mailing me to let me know their mail is being returned stating "no such address" even though the address is absolutely perfect. We are also receiving mail for a house 2 streets away with a similar street name (sure they are as impressed as we were). So had to call Aussie post to see if we could sort that out too.

is there a conspiracy?

We are all well. Alex has started solids! He adores it - more on all that when I am back online (with pictures!) - my goodness it is a messy affair!

Catch you all soon - I hope (before I go insane from not having online contact).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:33 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Hope it all gets sorted soon. I am missing my little man photo updates....

xoxox

 
At 5:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it all gets sorted out for you quickly and that it's back up and running in no time.
What fun, Alex starting solids. Another milestone.. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker