Friday, December 17, 2004

Late night TV ads

Last night I was up late finishing a report for a meeting I have this morning at work. I had the tv on, as you do, to keep me company.

I haven't done this for quite a while, and I have forgotten how bad late night television really is.

Take this for example - An ad came on tv (imagine if you will) - it showed a fluffy cat sitting on the couch. As the camera moved closer to the cat, the cat got nervous and jumped up and behind the couch out of sight.

Next thing the cat is hissing and spitting and fur is flying everywhere. Then silence.

Next scene is the cat jumping back on the couch, completely hairless. (of course, not the same cat - this one is a naturally hairless breed like in the Austin Powers movies).

The slogan of the ad campaign?

(brand of ladies electronic razor)
We get your pussies really clean.

(only available at Club X).

Of course, they showed it every since ad break, sometimes twice, and the cat hissing and spitting upset my cats every time.

How do they get away with it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker