Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hot, Damn Hot!

Nothing much happening here - just been working heaps and trying to keep cool. It is pretty hot here at the moment.

Today was supposed to be 35 and I think it is supposed to be 37 tomorrow. That is in degrees celcius for my overseas friends. It is 35 at the moment (7pm at night).

It is too hot to eat anything hot, and I have a phone conference in 30 mins with the UK office, so Hubby has gone to the supermarket for cold meat and salad - oh and chips.

It might be just us, but growing up, a salad was never complete without Mum putting a handful of potato chips on the side. I think it is important to carry on the traditions of our elders (okay so if the tradition had been adding a handful of pickled hogs feet on the side I might have chosen to break with tradition).

I am in a really good mood today. I spent some time today doing support requests as a bit of a stress relief. I visited some of the executives and solved their problems and their happy responses left me with quite a glow. A real boost to the ego.

Something else happened today that has kind of freaked me out.

I was in Dimmeys (I lovveeee Dimmeys), and an old lady came over to me and said "excuse me dear, can you tell me where I can find the children's clothing section?"

I directed her to the right area and she said "thank you, I hope you don't mind me asking, but you look like a young mother and I thought you would know".

I was quite freaked by this but smiled and said it was okay. Inside I was saying "Oh I wish, how I wish".

She turned and took a couple of steps, turned around and put her hand on my arm and said "I hope you don't mind me saying that, it is just how you look".

How weird is that! I mean, it was really sweet, but it left me feeling quite empty and hollow inside.

Anyway, I just thought it was worthy of note.

ok better go, Phone should ring any second.

I wonder how cold it is in the UK today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker