Monday, January 03, 2005

I finally have found the time to tell you about what I cooked for Christmas Day.

This is the menu I put on the table:

~~ Christmas Lunch – 2004 ~~

Menu

Main course:

Meat selection:
Chicken (freshly roasted and served cold)
Turkey (with a sweet mustard herb filling)
Beef (with Mustard and Herb Marinade)
Lamb (with Rosemary and garlic)
Pork (with crackling)
Ham (baked with a honey glaze)

Vegetables:
Potato, sweet potato, carrots, corn, pumpkin (Roasted)
Cauliflower with cheese sauce (baked)
Peas (steamed)

Salad:
Mixed green salad.

Condiments:
Cranberry sauce
Apple sauce
Gravy

Bread:
Small dinner rolls

Dessert:
Pavlova with peppermint crisp topping
Plum Pudding
Jelly (with tiny freddos)
Ice-cream
Brandy snaps with cream

Dessert Toppings:
Vanila Custard
Brandy Custard
Cream
Brandy cream


My good friend Net supplied the recipe for the Baked ham and my first attempt looked pretty good I think:


The Christmas baked ham

The day went well and everyone was stuffed with food. Cleanup didn't take me that long either. A successful Christmas day all round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker