Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Q for anyone who can help

Ok I have been blogging for a little while now, so I am getting a little bored with this template.

I have had a look at blogger's templates and quite frankly there are only two others that I kind of like and my friends are using those templates, so I don't feel right using them.

I have looked at other templates on sites elsewhere and found a few I really like. The real killer for me is that I don't have a website that I can plonk the pictures on to reference on my blog - SO bearing that in mind, I thought I could cope if I just change the colors a bit on this template.

You know, maybe lighten up the background a bit - something like that.

But despite the Bachelor of Computing degree gathering dust on the wall, I just cannot work out how to do it.

So - I need help. Can some smart cookie out there give me a hand? Help me make my blog pretty.

I so want a pretty blog.

LOL - and Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 12:26 am, Blogger Lala said...

First find yourself a website that references all the different colour codes in HTML. Then you've got to test then to see which ones you like and put them in the proper spots in your template. I'll check back later to see if I missed a step but you can always email me for clarification.

 
At 9:28 am, Blogger Bugsy said...

Thanks for you help Lala. I really appreciate it.

I found a code chart (I think), but I am having trouble working out where in the template it should go. I am thinking that I am not going to be able to change the template color.

This is the spot where I think it goes:

body {
background:#123;
margin:0;
padding:20px 10px;
text-align:center;
font:x-small/1.5em "Trebuchet MS",Verdana,Arial,Sans-serif;
color:#ccc;
font-size/* */:/**/small;
font-size: /**/small;
}

Do you think the background color is that #ccc line?

This is the color chart I found - http://html-color-codes.com/

Thank you

 
At 4:14 pm, Blogger Lala said...

yes, the backround colour is either a series of letters or numbers deoending on how true the colour is. CCC represents a true colour but I cannot remember which one. try experimenting wherever you see the three digit code with the #.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker