Sunday, April 10, 2005

Another WIP

This is another WIP that I have:

Knitted squares

I have knitted about 100 in each color and I plan to stitch them together to make a throw rug.

The pattern for this is:

Cast on 1 stitch, start knitting. At the start of every row increase one stitch until you have 40 stitches.

At the start of every row after that decrease one stitch until you have nothing. Cut yarn, thread cut end through the last stitch and tighten off.

That's it.

I have found that knitting on the diagonal like this allows it to really keep its shape.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I suck.

I am on vacation now and I want to learn how to quilt, so I am going to make that my goal for the next month.

I actually crocheted a blanket once and it turned out pretty decent. But I forgot how to do it. (sniffle)

 
At 1:37 am, Blogger Sara said...

PS, that was me on the last post, but it won't let me type my info in. I am telling ya, Blogger is about to send people off the deep end!

 
At 3:25 pm, Blogger Kath said...

I am a fellow knitter. I actually learned to spin my own wool a few years back. Perhaps we can do a exchange project.

Maybe a pair of socks with a "hpt" theme.

 
At 7:35 am, Blogger Bugsy said...

Lesley - anything that will take my mind off babies is a good thing in my books.

Sara - I would LOVE to learn how to quilt myself. I would also like to learn to crochet (never really got the hang of it). I do a very basic job of sewing, and I do a lot of cross stitching (which I love).

Kath - another knitter! Whoo hoo. I am very impressed that you can spin. That takes a fair bit of skill - well done. A HPT sock exchange project? LOL As long as all the socks were +++ then that would be good. I am not sure enough about knitting to do an exchange project yet though. I know of a msn group called PatternSwapClub that I am a member of though - they do heaps of swaps - I can give you the link if you want it.

Thanks ladies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker