Sunday, April 10, 2005

I need knitting advice!

Help! I started knitting a scarf. I deliberately wanted it to be a little wider than most scarfs as I wanted this one to be really warm. I didn't follow any pattern. I am using Panda Cosmic (bought it last Winter). I have 6 x 50g balls of this yarn.

Anyway, you can see it forming below (it is very even in shape, although it doesn't look like it from the picture, it is just how it was lying when I photographed it).

Now I am wondering if it is too wide. I am not sure what to do about it. It is 33cm wide!!!! It is also 47cm long so far. I really don't feel like pulling it apart and starting again, not after all I have done on it so far (but I am considering it). Also because I only have 6 balls of it, I don't think it would be big enough to make a jumper (well not an Adults one).

Any thoughts on what I should do? Should I just continue or should I unravel and start again, thinner?


WIP - What should I do?

3 Comments:

At 12:44 pm, Blogger Lala said...

you'll know you're in trouble when you start remembering where you where and what you were doing when you bought the patterns and the yarn. For my mom and I it's become like a history told through fabric and yarn and unfinished products.

 
At 6:37 am, Blogger Mere said...

I would keep going on this too. Do you have enough yarn or would you run out before much longer? Love the color!

 
At 7:41 am, Blogger Bugsy said...

Thanks guys for your comments. I have decided to continue with it and it grew another 7 cms last night.

I do think I will have enough yarn for it - I am only on the second ball now. I used 5.5mm needles but it doesn't seem thin or anything. It is very warm already.

I don't think I will be using it yet though - it is still very hot here in Australia - abnormally warm for this time of year. LOL just my luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker