Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The lucky fertiles

We have had a guy doing training some of our java developers at work on some advanced techniques. I haven't been in the training, but I know everyone in it, and when I went to lunch today, they beckoned me over to join them. As lunch progressed, people left, and it was left to me, one of the trainees and the trainer. The trainer was one of those who liked to talk and boy did he talk. He started telling us about how he lives in QLD. He said he used to travel a lot but now that he has a wife and three kids he is stuck in one place now. Then he started going on and on about his family. It was very sweet, but I really could have done without it. I most definately could have done without him saying :
"I wouldn't change it for the world. I think that I wouldn't want to live if I couldn't have kids".


I wonder if anyone noticed that I suddenly went blank, started staring off into space? How lucky he is not to have to worry about that. He said they met, got married and got pregnant straight away, then it was one baby after another.

Now the bra issue - thank you so much for your comments - especially ababytux who offered her bras 'n things voucher - thanks sweetie - but I am not sure why I never thought of this before but my niece works at bras 'n things! I seriously need to give her a call. So thank you but I don't think I need your voucher.

Now onto Petrol prices:

I saw this on this blog and loved it. I emailed the blog owner and asked for permission to pinch the picture for my blog. She very kindly agreed (thank you). Yep, that is what petrol prices are like in Australia at the moment. It is crazy! It isn't uncommon to have to pay $1.25 a litre for petrol. Last week it was $1.15 and has been increasing at a rate of nearly 10 cents a week for a few weeks now.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

People like the guy that you mentioned, while oblivious to what he is doing by saying things like that, are lucky and unlucky in some ways. He is, of course, lucky that he has had kids and he and his wife have never had to face the stress and challenge of infertility. I would say that those of us who go through major life struggles like IF do develop character and gain a perspective on life that others don't. Ok, I know it is no consolation but hey, look at the emotional development! At least that's what I tell myself.

 
At 2:31 am, Blogger Dr. J said...

Petrol prices here are insane...we´re paying well over $2 AUD for a litre - for my husband to drive his (admittdely petrol guzzling heap) here on a weekend it costs us around $200 AUD for a round trip! Thank goodness the trains are cheaper!

 
At 3:41 am, Blogger PJ said...

Wow and I thought gas prices over here were bad. We're paying $2.80 USD/gallon ($0.74/liter) in Chicago. To give a comparison, this time last year we were paying $1.60 USD/gallon.

Gas prices are insane right now.

 
At 11:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just paid $1.29.9/litre here in outer Sydney this morning. At christmas, we were visiting fmaily in Queensland and paying 87c a litre. It's just insane.

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

At the local Petrol Plus in Launceston it is 120.9cpl today if you have woolies vouchers.

It has just come down by 3cpl in the last few days.

Cathy

 
At 1:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Em, people that seem to get/have everything and never struggle along at times really have now idea what real life is all about, and when something does happen they just fall apart and most likely it is something that many of us have to deal with often, I havent had an easy life at all, but finding my soulmate a couple of years ago has now made life enjoyable but even so we have suffered heartaches along the way and health scares as well...
All we can do is do the best we can to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and make the most of life because we do know how special life is...

Sending an extra ray of sunshine to you all...

BTW Donna petrol in Queensland is hovering around the $1.18 cpl at present...

MrsHUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker