Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Daydreamer

I have been daydreaming a lot lately. And I mean, a lot.

I start my daydreaming pretty much as soon as the real dreaming ends. I lay in bed and go through all sorts of scenarios in my head. Then I realise I have to get out of bed and I stumble to the ensuite. I sit on the loo (sorry way too much information) and daydream that the baby is crying and I have to get up and feed it, or I am not working but have to get up to get the kids off to school and I wonder if this is the way my life will be in a few years time.

Eventually I stumble into the shower and I am sorry for my very bad water ways, (even though we are still freezing and hills nearby have snow, we have permanent water restrictions here and are supposed to be trying our best not to use much water), I stay in the shower daydreaming that I am skinny, or beautiful, or thinking about friends that are pregnant or have babies, and I wonder what it is like to be them.

When the hot water runs out (I know, I know but I can't help it), I get out, and while I get ready for work, I either daydream about something else, or have a song in my head playing away. I never need noise around me. I don't need to say anything, or hear anything, because I always have a song in my head. Unfortunately, it is always a terrible song. A work colleague always passes by my desk and says "what song is playing" and then cringes at the answer .

"Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree" or
"can't help myself, bad habits" are common favorites

Unfortunately I never know the whole song, so the same catch phrases tend to run in loops in my head.

Anyway, on my way to work, I daydream some more, and this pattern tends to continue throughout the day.

I have realised lately that no matter what I am doing, the daydreaming continues throughout the day.

Is this weird? Wrong? Do you think this is how I escape reality or am I just keeping my mind busy?

My Mum used to say that she never worried about me being on my own. She said "You will never starve because you can cook anything you set your mind to, and you will never be lonely because you have yourself for company".

My Mum was pretty wise.

p.s. I have 3 squares to show you sometime soon. And I am hoping to do some scanning and show you some pictures of my parents (and maybe even one of me as a young girl) Do you think you can stand the wait?

3 Comments:

At 12:47 am, Blogger PJ said...

I hope your daydreams become reality Bugsy, I really hope it happens soon.

Can't wait to see pics of the p's and possibly you. I always get a kick out of those.

 
At 3:51 am, Blogger Dr. J said...

I spend vast amounts of time daydreaming...in fact I quite often end up talking to myself and often in extremely embarrassing situations.

 
At 9:18 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I don't know whether its normal to daydream all day or not. I don't do it ... but that doesn't make me normal you not normal ... it only makes us US.

Everyone is different Bugsy ... if daydreaming is how you manage to get by from day to day ... then that is YOU.

I hope that some day soon the big part of your daydreams will come true. As for being skinny ... well I think it is meant for some of us and not for others.

I have a feeling that if you had all your daydreams come true you would be totally lost because the act of daydreaming is such a big part of what makes you tick.

Just don't forget that you have to live in the real world too!

Hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker