Saturday, August 20, 2005

day 21 blood test results

Does anyone know what this means?

I just got my day 21 (7dpo) blood test results back.

Progesterone was 16.5
Oestrogen was 562

When I got pregnant with Tukka my day 21 results were:

Progesterone 50.9
Oestrogen 421

I guess it means that I am not pregnant this cycle, which is what my instincts were telling me anyway. Still hurts though. Goes to show no matter how I feel, I still have that tiny bit of hope lying there silently. Oh well.

I know the progesterone level is normal but doesn't indicate possible pregnancy, but I cannot find any information about the oestrogen level. Is this normal? Elevated? I wish I knew.

GP never even spoke to me - she just got the receptionist to call me and tell me the figures - she told her that I would know what they meant. Yeah I sort of do, but not about the oestrogen one.

Not sure what to do. Should I call the Prof. during the week and ask him what it means? Should I call the gyno instead? Should I just forget about calling anyone and wait and see what happens and next time I see one of these docs mention it?

What to do, what to do!

5 Comments:

At 11:19 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Bugsy I don't know which one to call ... but you need to call SOMEONE!!! If you don't know for sure what a result means then it is their JOB to explain it to you! That is your RIGHT!

The tests aren't for the doctor's amusement ... they are for YOUR health and knowledge!

I'm sorry that this wasn't the month you got pregnant ... but I'm convinced you will get there eventually. The wait will be hard ... but remember all good things are worth waiting for!

HUGS sweety!

 
At 12:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy...
You know I have been following your chart and I was so sad to see the temps start to drop...
I asked my Hubby about the Progesterone Oestrogen levels because he is the one that spent/spends so much time online looking at all of that sort of info and then just giving me the info that I need... hehehe...
He said that the Progesterone is the main one they talk about when falling pg, so other than that I dont know...
Take care...

MrsHUGS

 
At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bugsy...
I actually did a search for Oestrogen on google, they say that the Oestrogen levels drop once you hit menopause, but I didnt find anything to say what the levels should be at present...
I would just ask one of the Doctors you see to explain it to you for your own peace of mind...

MrsHUGS

 
At 2:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

I know that oestrogen levels are around 800 per mature follicle, so I would say that its a fairly normal day 21 result. Anything over 15 for progesterone shows you've ovulated, right? so you know that things are working.

What's next for you re testing?

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Mari said...

Bugs call the fertility dr, that is what he is there for....YOU!

But I agree with Panda your results to me indicate that you have ovulated. When cycling they normally check your Progesterone about now, to confrim that ovulation has occurred.

I would not count yourself out of the game yet until your period arrives.

If the F/s is not available on Monday call everyone else on your list. You have viable questions to ask and they are there to help us the patients.

When you are going through this to me no question is a stupid question.

Hope this helped.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker