Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Mental Health Day

No dreams last night. I did google dream interpretation and found some things which actually closely match the things you described Mama Mouse. Very interesting.

I took a mental health day today. I really needed a "time out". So I slept in an extra hour, which was divine. I went to the GP and asked for the Day 21 test. I want to see what my progesterone and Oestrogen are doing. I cried there and she was very understanding. But she mentioned something very strange. She mentioned one of my previous doctors- one who I admire greatly. She mentioned that he has stopped practicing because of a court case.

When I got home I googled the doc and found the transcript of the court session. It turns out he wasn't at fault for what he did, but rather that a patient of him had problems whilst he was on holidays and another doctor treated her in his place, and unfortunately the baby died. It is quite complex, but because she was his patient, and because he was unavailable even though she was considered a high risk patient (he did put another doctor in his place though, so she wasn't completely forgotten), he is still partially responsible, and he, the other doctor and the hospital all got sued. Apparently it was just too much for him and he made the decision to stop practicing obstetrics.

So it is a terrible shame, but I don't think any less of him for it.

Anyway, after the doctors, I went to the Post Office and posted "george" off to his new home (amongst a lot of other things - 4 grow suits, a little hat, some booties, a cd, a diary for the baby's elder sister, some stamper textas for the baby's older brother, a body shop gift pack for Mum and a letter).

Then I grabbed some sushi and came home and watched tv. What did I watch?

A baby story, From here to Maternity, Make room for baby, Who rules the roost?, Birth Day, Taming Toddlers.

Crazy I know.

So how did you spend your day?

5 Comments:

At 12:13 am, Blogger PJ said...

I sure hope watching all those shows were good for your mental health day. You are a stronger woman than I.

Hope today finds you better and recuperated.

 
At 9:07 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I looked at the dream again ... and have come up with this:

The neighborhood street could be your past life ... and the course it took. You are walking down it calmly and then you happen upon the house of the old lady. She is you and well could be how you 'feel' with all the emotions you have been experiencing recently. So MUCH emotion pouring out from your house (framework, body, etc.).

Both the old you and the current you try to stem it by turning off the taps. There is only so much the old you can do, the current you has the more difficult task of turning off the most 'taps'.

When all is done the old you presents the new you with a gift ... a cutting. It is the promise of a NEW LIFE! It represents what you most dearly want. At least that is what I believe it to mean. And if it doesn't represent a baby, it represents a new YOU ... the beginnings of a new acceptance and way of living, free from so much emotion.

In effect this IS a hopeful dream ... a dream of putting one part of your life away and moving on toward your new life.

Remember the water was pouring out ... as are your emotions ... and you were able to slow the water down and then turn off the different taps. You will be able to do so for real ... and you have a new 'life' to look forward too besides!

 
At 2:33 pm, Blogger muser said...

Looks like Blogger is broken again with the stupid spam comments. Anyway.. I did nothing much today. The grocery shopping, bought a present for a 2 year old, bought some new jeans, and checked out a couple of local plant nurseries. Quite boring really. Except for the new jeans. :)
Oh! and I came home to my tax refund.

 
At 2:38 pm, Blogger muser said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:14 pm, Blogger Tara said...

I torture myself too and watch all those shows. In fact Baby Story is one as I type this. Even though it sort of hurts, you just can't help but watch it, you know? Hope you're having a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker