Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sad and fat, fat and sad

Well I just don't know what to do anymore.

I have been mulling over the weight problem. My weight problem. I just cannot shift it. My BMI is 47! Which is very bad. Anything over 30 is seen as "a serious health risk". It is past the overweight mark, past the Obese mark. It is as high as you can get.

I have tried just about everything known to man. Before my wedding I did lite&easy for a while. So I have been trying to analyse where I fall down and it comes down to food preparation. I just don't have time (plus I am too lazy), to prepare intricate salads etc. So I decided to go back to lite&easy because they prepare all the food for you. It is pretty expensive, but I was willing to give it a go.

I have tried three times to call them, but their office hours end at 5:30 most days, 5pm other days. Tonight I finally got hold of someone (after trying to find a quite spot at work with a phone). I couldn't call from my desk as everyone would hear me, and it was too late by the time I got home.

So can you imagine for a second how I felt when they told me that they would not take me on.

"What!" I hear you say

Because I have a food intolerance. I cannot eat fish except for tuna or I get sick.

They don't take on people with allergies because it is too much liability.

But they did offer to send me a DIY type menu and some hints on healthy eating.

Well F@#$ them! If the DIY style of weight loss actually worked for me I would not need their stupid overpriced food.

When did they start only taking people who were 100% healthy? Where are the rest of us supposed to go? Is this a form of natural selection? What, the fat people who have food intolerances have to be left to die out and they only spend their precious time on the people that matter?

What is next? Do they only take people who are skinny? Those that have blonde hair and blue eyes? Or just those with names ending in E ?

I was so upset. I couldn't even finish the phone call. I burst into tears and said a goodbye and thanks for nothing and hung up. Then I wrote them a very stern email thanking them for NOT HELPING me.

So what now?

Am I destined to be this weight forever? Without losing weight am I ever going to get my baby?

8 Comments:

At 12:40 am, Blogger PJ said...

Oh Bugsy, I'm so sorry. Idiots!

Can you call back and NOT tell them that you are allergic to fish so you can get the meals and you make the judgement call on whether or not to eat that meal? Or are you that allergic to fish to where smelling, touching, looking at it will bring on an allergic attack?

 
At 3:17 am, Blogger Julie said...

What jackasses. Years ago, I did Jenny Craig. I assume it is similar to your desired program with the pre-packaged food that tastes somewhat tolerable and takes all the responsibility off of oneself to 'eat right'. Because I had "x" number of pounds to lose, they made me get a signed note from the doctor stating it was safe for me to undertake their services. He, of course, gave me a printed dietary plan to try instead, as if I could possibly do it myself. I'm not stupid, I'm just lazy!
Anyway. That's that. Low carb worked for a bit, and I still try it again on occasion. Due to my PCOS/metabolic syndrome stuff, the glucophage helps a little, too. But, Depression+Cravings=Disater. Ugh. Good luck!

 
At 3:17 am, Blogger Julie said...

(i meant disaster)

 
At 6:12 am, Blogger Tara said...

That seems stupid that they still won't let you do it. I mean its just fish. I don't know much about Australian cuisine, but is fish used a lot day to day? I know most Americans including myself don't eat much fish during a normal week other than tuna. I could understand if you had a peanut allergy because there are so many foods made with peanut oil, but fish? They seem to be hypersensitive. Have you tried browsing Meals.com? You can search meals by diet restrictions and 5 ingredients or less so it would be easy to cook. It tells you all the nutrition facts with each meal too. It's a great site and every recipe I have used from that site as turned out very yummy.

 
At 7:01 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Oh Bugsy ... how discouraging for you! I'd like to come over there and bop them on their stupid heads for you!

I too need to lose weight to help prolong my life ... but I can't stand up to prepare meals for more than 5 minutes and 5 minutes does NOT a meal make! So its up to my husband who just can't cook anything more than fried sausage and macaroni and cheese which are NOT on any diet I know of!

We resort to eating out most nights and that too isn't diet fare!

I don't have any tips or answers ... just a lot of HUGS!!

 
At 3:45 am, Blogger Mony said...

Well, my name ends in "E" and they can go F#%k themselves.
What a pack of imbecciles.

 
At 5:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did lite&easy for three months even with my husbands allergies. They actually just ignored them and kept including meals that would kill him if he ate them. Apart from that they wouldn't let us choose our own plan and the meals were too much for us. It is super easy and the food is tolerable though. I'd like to try it again, perhaps just the breakfast/lunch/snack plan but Lou doesn't want to.

Perhaps try calling back pretending you were magically cured of your allergy and when you get a delivery check the ingredients book for anything that will be bad for you. Good luck.

 
At 1:07 am, Blogger neill said...

Sad and Fat
Hi my name is John Depp. 6 months ago I weighed roughly 210lbs (15 stone), not too big I hear you say but too big for me I was just so miserable.I searched the Internet for hours ordering weight loss pills and herbal remedies. Nothing I tried worked the herbal remedies made spotty and the pills dried out my skin. After much research i realised that there is really no easy way to loose weight. Its hard hard work and the only really guaranteed way is to exercise (jogging) and to eat healthy.

I decided to try and find an exercise routine that enabled me to loose weight and not take up too much of my time. I came across http://www.sadandfat.com/ and paid a small fee and received the routine i was looking for and the healthy eating tips i needed.

Now I'm not saying this routine is for you but it worked for me and i now weigh 154lbs (11 stone) and am now happy. I know what it is like being overweight trying all sorts of remedies so i thought i would just share what i found out with everybody. I know you have to pay a little bit of money which is annoying but I couldn't find this information anywhere else on the Internet.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on

http://www.sadandfat.com/

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker