Monday, September 12, 2005

The aching bone is connected to the other aching bone

Well I am definately sick although not as sick as Hubbs. He is very sick. He went to work today - started at 6am and at 8am he called me and said he was on his way home. He slept until midday then we both went to the doctors. He got an inhaler for his lungs and I got a script for antibiotics to fill if I get any worse.

My glands are up - way up. Looks like I have a body builders neck today. My throat is sore but the worst thing is the aches. My aches have aches. I ache in limbs I don't even have. I stayed home today - I couldn't cope with the aches and work as well.

But as I said, Hubbs is much worse. He is totally lethargic, and can hardly breathe let alone talk. His stomach is upset (perhaps from the antibiotics) so he wakes up and runs to the loo and he can hardly eat anything. I had a devil of a time today getting tinned chicken soup into him, and I had to trick him to have some toast. As you can imagine, I don't really feel like eating myself but know we have to. I cannot get him to drink anything which is the worst. I would feel better if I could get some water into him. We have some lucazade too that I am trying to get into him. Poor pet.

This afternoon Hubbs and I both curled up on the bed and slept, together in our misery.

Tomorrow I go get my day 21 blood tests. Somehow I think this is a dud cycle - not sure why, but I just don't feel confident about it (I think this is an internal protection system - to stop me getting my hopes up and then falling big time when once again I fail).

A very good friend just had baby number 4. A boy! I am so excited for her because she has 3 daughters, so they now have a son. Although I don't envy her too much. You all know how much I want a baby but she now has 4 children under 3.5 - all singletons. But she handles it like an expert. I have been to see her and the three kids are happy, healthy, the house is clean and she is sewing clothes for them and I have no idea how she does it. So I think she will be okay.

Ok better go try to get more liquids into this man of mine so he doesn't dehydrate. Take care all and thanks for answering my insane poll.

6 Comments:

At 7:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bugsy...
Sorry to hear the you and Hubby are so sick, but I am glad that you went to the doctors...
I hope you both get a good night sleep and feel a bit better tomorrow...

MrsHUGS

 
At 12:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor dears...you're making my eyes water just reading that! Try and drink as much fluids as possible, you don't want to get dehydrated.

Hope you both get better soon! Thinking of you and take care.

p.s. - Did you get my email to you on 9/7? If not let me know!!

 
At 6:42 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Ah gee whiz! That sounds utterly miserable! Mr. Mouse sleeps like that whenever he gets sick. Its his coping mechanism. Says he is too sick to stay awake ... so he decides to sleep and he DOES!

Water, soup, juice, tea, more water ... you know the drill! Maybe ice cubes.

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS

 
At 3:03 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

The aching bone's connected to the red thing, the red thing's connected to my wristwatch...

Sorry you're both having a crapola time of it Bugs.

 
At 1:39 pm, Blogger Mari said...

Bugs - I hope that you are feeling better today!

 
At 3:04 pm, Blogger Anita said...

Damn that virus. Damn him (what makes it a him? Why not a her? It usually is a him? They are always at fault)

Anyway better not get carried way. Read your blog and your furbabies whenever I can.

Come visit my big furbabies at...
http://djnanita.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to visit us at EB some time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker