Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A chance

Morning ladies,

Thank for from my fellow infertiles for reaching out. It doesn't matter if you have 100 kids already, are currently pregnant, or still waiting like me for the first, infertility is a struggle. I think I have said it before too, that I sometimes think that secondary infertility is worse. You know you can do it. You know exactly what you are missing but you cannot get there.

Mama Mouse - I never thought about the grandparents in all this. It is something so out of your control. I know you just accept that this is what God and life has in store for you, but I am sure when you hear someone saying "OMG I told them 'I am too young to be a grandmother' but they are insisting on having a child..." that you feel a little hurt. It must equate to how I feel when someone says "OMG I can't believe I am pregnant. I didn't want a child yet".

My mum's friend was in a similar situation. Her one son looked like being a bachelor all his life and she dreamed of grandchildren. (We were all positive he was gay as he was quite flamboyantly feminine). Well at 40 he announced he was marrying his best friend, and she went on to have a child. Everyone was surprised and the grandmother that never expected she would be a grandmother was delighted to finally get her grandson (unfortunately she never sees him. Mum works in Seattle, Dad in Hong Kong and the child gets shuttled back and forth between the two places. Apparently they are still happily married and not seeing each other much works for them. 2 weeks a year the son gets shipped to Australia for grandma and grandpa to spend time with him).

So I hope you get surprised one day too!

Now I have a very funny story for you. You know that super duper gigantic ball of mystery yarn? Well a very good friend recognised it on my blog and her husband has confirmed it. They think it is actually yarn used to make carpet! Nylon! Now that we look at it properly, it all makes sense. I cut a piece off, and had a really good look at it. It is quite course, perfect for rugs!

LOL Maybe I should make a few "carpet bags" LOL.

I am sending her a bit to confirm it 100% but I am sure they are right.

* ok more yucky fertility issues follow - Warning *

I think I might have ovulated. My temp shot up this morning from 35.49 yesterday to 36.39 today. My temp chart actually looks rediculous so I am not sure how accurate it is. It is here is you want a peek.

Babydancing has been very trying lately. Hubbs hasn't been coming to bed until very late which means it is 1:30 or so before we get to sleep. He then has to get up at 4:20am to get to work, so he isn't getting much sleep. But he is stepping up to the plate, and that is something. So we have a chance - which is all I really ask for is this struggle.

Just a chance

4 Comments:

At 12:20 pm, Blogger Tara said...

Wow, your temp did shoot up a bit. Bugsy, I was wondering how you were doing Clomid. Do you have an ultrasound at the beginning of your cycle and another one around the day you ovulate? If so have you ever had the hCG shot? I was just wondering. I don't really remember you talking about it. Also have you heard of the baking soda douche? My RE recommended it to us since he didn't like how my CM was. I asked Dr.Google about it first and found a whole bunch of women with PCOS that it worked for.

 
At 6:35 pm, Blogger Bugsy said...

Hi Tara,

I haven't heard of the baking soda stuff. I am lucky in that my CM is reasonable. Well at least I think it is. I think the doctors here are very slack. It is a case of "here is your script, see you in three months if it doesn't work". No monitoring, no ultrasounds nothing.

I go to my GP for the day 21 test, but I only get it because I know to ask for it. I haven't ever had the hcg shot before. My oestrogen is really good, but I suspect my progesterone is not what it could be. Despite that, they won't give me any progesterone supplement until they know I am definately pregnant. I have read of others taking the supplements in the 2WW just in case but my docs don't like doing that.

 
At 4:04 am, Blogger PJ said...

If today was, indeed, the spike then you timed everything just right. Good luck to you. I'll be thinking of you and hope these next 2 weeks go by quickly.

 
At 8:27 am, Blogger Betty said...

The peak looks like an ovulation Bugsy! Go for it!!
Thanks for your positive bits on my blog and for saying supportive stuff, I appreciate your contribution.
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker