Sunday, September 04, 2005

I have the best sister!

Check out what my sister gave me this afternoon.:

It is HUGE. I put a CD next to it so you could get an idea of just how big it is. It has a small cardboard centre, and I tried to weigh it but the closest I could get is that it is over 5kgs!

We are having a hard rubbish collection around here at the moment, and my sister saw someone put this out so she stopped the car and grabbed it for me.

I am not sure what it is. The sticker on the inside of the tube says:

F2AAAA
Lot 530
B3087
Doff. 30
01 - 26
2.1118/68 AO

Any idea how I can find out what this yarn is? There is nothing else there, no mill emblem or anything.

4 Comments:

At 4:16 am, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

I have NO idea but what a GREAT find! You could cut off a piece and try burning it to see if it is synthetic or wool or cotton. Also wash the sample in very hot water to see if it shrinks.

Looks like there is at least enought there for a couple of good sized afghans!

 
At 8:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow thats HUGE...
I would say it has come from a clothing manufacturer, I know my mum used to get wool on huge spools similar to that from a business that made jumpers etc... Good luck in your search...
MrsHUGS

 
At 8:11 am, Blogger Cathy said...

That's a lovely big cone of yarn.

The colour is quite nice. What's it feel like? Soft or a bit course.

Cathy

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger OvaGirl said...

Holy dooley! That's a whole lotta wool! Love the mystery aspect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker