Saturday, September 10, 2005

I am totally beat

I am so tired. We have had such a busy day.

Firstly thank you for your good vibes - I really need them. And Hubbs is starting to feel a little better now too.

Mum in law came over this morning, then after that we went and paid our deposit for a 2 car garage to be erected down at our second house.

Then we went down to the second house and I packed up 90% of the kitchen and we brought it back home. Now I have to wash it all, work out what to keep and what to give away and find homes for it all, either here or elsewhere.

If you have just joined me you might be wondering what I mean by "second house". Well when Hubbs and I met, we both owned our own homes (well the bank owned most of them, but you know what I mean). We decided to live in the house I had, and rent his one out. But Hubbs has been totally slack on getting his place organised (and he wouldn't let me do it). So lately (4 years almost after we got married), I have been putting more and more pressure on him to do something with that house. I mean, here is a perfectly good, almost new (he built it 2 years before we met), 4 bedroom home on a big block. Unfortunately when he built it, he ran out of money, so the landscaping never got done, nor the garage, front fence etc.

So it needs a bit of work done on it. The ground has to be leveled, a driveway done, the garage, concreting, front fence, garden area, grass, clothesline put in, and inside it needs to have a few minor repairs done, put in toilet roll holders etc and probably a coat of paint, and then we are ready to rent it out, and actually get some money for it. Not to mention I will probably stop having sleepless nights worrying about squatters.

It really is a beautiful house. So I really hate seeing it sitting empty and gathering dust.

So I feel like we have done something today - the garage is now "in progress" and we have started cleaning out the house. Definately progress.

Now I had better go and start washing these dishes etc, so I can put them in the cupboard. Then I can rest.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

5 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I ask what general area your second house is in? I have a cousin who is looking at moving to a bigger house in a few months and this might be what she's looking for.

She's in her 30's, married for 6 years or something. They're both Christian's and as tame as you can get.

 
At 10:06 pm, Blogger Patty said...

No wonder you are tired, just reading your story tired me out and I just got up. Good luck with all the work. DONT'T OVER DO IT.
Hope you have a great week-end.

 
At 10:15 pm, Blogger Bugsy said...

Sassy - can you email me? I tried emailng you but I got a failure back. Or if you want we can chat on msn. Not sure if it got through but have sent you a msn chat request. Thanks matey.

Patty - I am planning on spending the evening knitting. (after I eat some of the three color jelly I made). We just had dinner. (garlic kievs, honey carrots, cauliflower with cheese sauce and peas and corn - Yummo).

 
At 7:51 am, Blogger Mari said...

Bugs - have you thought of moving into the second house? It would bring you closer to me...only a small selfish request (LOL), actually I'm wondering if the house is new and all, why did you decide to stay where you are?
Out of interest?

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger Bugsy said...

Mari - we did consider moving into the newer house, but decided to move here for a couple of reasons. Firstly it was closer to both our works, we loved the area, my sister is only 500 metres away, and my place was a little bigger. But the biggest thing was that Hubbs house has the smallest kitchen I have ever seen - no room for a dishwasher or anything. I just couldn't cope with a kitchen that small. (my kitchen is HUGE - bigger than most peoples).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker