Monday, October 10, 2005

a new week begins

Hi guys,

The rest of my weekend was pretty good. I managed to do some gardening, and some long overdue dusting inside as well. Hubbs took me out to dinner on Saturday night and we talked and talked, holding hands over the table as we did. It was definately back to the way it was before all this stress, so perhaps we are getting there. Sunday we spent time down at our other house in Narre Warren, and then we did something special.

My wonderful friend MrsHugs organised us 2 tickets to the Melbourne parents and babies expo. I have been wanted to go for weeks, and really looking forward to it, but I wasn't sure I would feel ok going there, and I was worried about meeting people we knew as well (like people from work). So the weekend of the expo was this weekend. We were so busy with other things that I really had given up hope of going, but Hubbs was insistant. He knew how much I was looking forward to it, so he made sure we went.

And we did. I didn't even cry once. We had heaps of fun, saw some fantastic products and got brochures on cool stuff - got a lot of freebies (both of us were losing feeling in our fingers!). We also bought a couple of things - like the nappy bag book (and got about $30 worth of freebies with that), and hubbs got very excited when he saw the "teaching baby sign language" stand and he bought the set (dvd\book\flashcards). I don't mind if it makes him happy.

So it turned out to be a nice weekend after all.

I bought some treats for myself too recently. Off ebay I got 13 patchwork magazines, 1 knitting book on jumpers with teddy bears, 1 cross stitch book and a lightbox. Can't wait for the lightbox to arrive - that will be so cool.

Oh. One other thing - I have removed the post I put in recently telling you my woes. I hated looking at it, and I was worried Hubbs would read it, and be upset that I didn't keep those things private. So I have removed it. I hope that doesn't offend anyone.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bugsy...
The talking and holding hands parts sounds wonderful, so glad you had a lovely time...
I am still smiling so much that you both went to the Baby Expo on the sunday, you dont know how happy that made me when you told me you both went...
What I did is what I think any friend would...
Dont forget you have snailmail on the way, but someone may have to pop to the post office to pick it up...
Remember one day at a time and onward and upward...

MrsHUGS

 
At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where abouts was the expo? It sounds like something I might creep into by myself and pretend I'm looking for stuff for other people.

I'm glad you started the new week a bit of fun. I have ebay stuff on it's way too! I love special deliveries.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker