Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas has come to the Bugsy house

Christmas has finally come to the Bugsy house. I had resisted spending the time putting up the tree, and all the little things around the house, and then D gave us some Christmas pressies to put under the tree, so last night I put the tree up. Today I ferreted out all the statues etc, and placed them around the house. Here are some pictures from the Bugsy house of Christmas.

This Santa statue with the porcelein face is one of my favorites. It reminds me of the traditional old St. Nick, rugged up against the cold and the snow. He even has ski poles to help him get through the snow. I love the Hat, and the detail even in the boots.

I have two white Santa statues, both being very different, but I love them both. This one has a soft white beard and lots of detail on his coat.


This Santa is a bit more glitzy and has sparkles through his beard. I consider him more a modern day Santa, where glitz is what matters.
This is a really crappy picture of our tree. It is raised off the ground in the hope that Oscar doesn't destroy all the ornaments like he did last year. It's a fibre optic tree. Whilst I really like the real tree smell, I can't stand the sap, the pine needles and all the crap that goes with having a real tree. There is also a fibre optic angel at the base whose wings change color. She is very pretty.


So Merry Christmas one and all. If you see this sign, drop in for a cuppa or a glass of something cold. We will be waiting.



3 Comments:

At 6:39 am, Blogger Patty said...

Everything is shaping up nicely for Christmas. I like your Santa's. I just set out our small fiber optic tree yesterday in the living room and put a small four foot tree in the fireplace opening in the family room.

It's a fake tree. We use to have a fireplace and we had problems with it, so we had it redone, and had the opening arched up high. At one time we had a small pot-bellied stove sitting in the opening. No longer have that, so we've been sitting a large vase with dried flowers in there.

This year we put a small tree in. Audrey our five year old Granddaughter and her Mom were here yesterday so they put the ornaments on the tree. We have a larger fake tree, but I did't feel like bringing out everything, since I know I will be the one that has to put it all back again after Christmas. I don't think it matters the size of the tree anyway. It's all about the family getting together.

Also thanks for stopping at my latest blog at efx2. I've been enjoying that spot more so then Modblog which was always having problems. I still have one at blogger also.

Have a great Sunday.

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger Tara said...

How pretty! I too have a fiber optic angel. Mine sort of looks like yours except she has a light blue and silver dress. I love those wings. I could watch them for hours.

 
At 9:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you don't do anything by halves do you! I hope this christmas is a wonderful one for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker