Monday, June 26, 2006

Scared of a little scan.

Some terribly sad news to start with. Remember my work colleague whose baby boy came way too early (14 weeks prem)? Unfortunately on Friday he lost his battle with life. I feel for her so much. Nobody should have to go through that. Apparently his lungs just couldn't take it any longer and they just gave up.

I wish there was something I could do to help her. I really don't know how she is going to come back to work - with 7 pregnant women around her, all with their perfect pregnancies, and healthy babies. And how on earth am I ever going to tell her that we are pregnant? I really don't want to hurt her but I know my news will do just that. My heart goes out to her. RIP little Taylor.

*************

Today is Monday

You know what that means?

It means tomorrow is Tuesday and that means it is time for the scan.

I am so scared. I am so worried about what the scan technician will say.

Will it be good news? Will it be very bad news? or will it be another "not exactly sure - let's try again in a couple of weeks" ?

Will there be a heartbeat? Heck - will there be a baby in there?

Very scared.

It doesn't help that Hubbs isn't sure he can be there. Although Mum in law said if I can give her an hours notice to get there, she will leave work asap to go with me. I am comforted by that, but I would prefer Hubbs there if possible.

My weekend was filled with various degrees of nausea, which gave me a lot of reassurance. Today I was fine until lunch when I had a particularly oily lasagne and I felt terribly ill all afternoon.

The constipation has continued but I have found that I enjoy eating prunes and they have helped a lot in this area.

Scan is at 3:30pm tomorrow. Did I mention that I am scared?

6 Comments:

At 11:03 pm, Blogger Net said...

I am so sorry to hear the news of poor little Taylor, his parents must be beside themselves. Fly high little Taylor.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, and I just know that that technician will show you a beautiful pic of your baby.

Best of luck and I hope that Hubbs can get there with you.

Will be thinking and finger crossing for you all day tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Net

 
At 4:35 am, Blogger Serendipity said...

That is so sad with your friend. I wish her strength for her loss. I had a miscarriage once, and it was only 8 weeks (ectopic pregnancy) and it was painful. I didn't even have a chance to find out if it's a boy or a girl.

I cry when I see pregnant women. I already have 3 kids then. Yet I still cry.

You love prunes! Wow. Good luck on your scan. Wishing you a healthy baby, happy pregnancy and all things good!

 
At 9:16 am, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

So sorry to hear about baby Taylor, that is very sad.

Goodluck with the scan tomorrow.

 
At 9:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugsy,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, that is terrible news. I was hoping he would pull through, poor parents. RIP Taylor, look after your mummy and dad up there :-(

Good luck with your scan today hun, although I don't think you will need luck as I am feeling positive you will get a good scan today. I will be thinking of you at 3.30pm and biting my nails till you post your news. Sending every possible sticky/healthy/hearbeat vibe your way, and may you hear the magical word "NORMAL" this afternoon. Go Bugsy the NORMAL, boring pregnancy!!

cheers,
Leoni (Sister9)

 
At 9:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for your scan ... and I'm looking forward to your next post where you tell us about the beautiful heartbeat! Hopefully you'll get a videotape of your scan - we keep watching our scans over and over again. :) Have a good appointment and try not to stress toooooo much.

 
At 10:45 am, Blogger Anne said...

I'll be waiting! {hugs and prayers}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker